Feb 13, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
I can not remember a case of a player getting suspended for cursing before, but that’s exactly what has happened with Memphis freshman center Dominic Woodson.
Woodson was kicked off of the Tiger bench in Wednesday night’s win over Central Florida, and according to Josh Pastner, it was the result of the colorful language the big fella was using.
“I did not like some of his language he used,” Pastner told reporters in his postgame press conference. “So I said, ‘See ya.'”
Pastner does not curse. He does not allow his players to curse. He does not allow the black players to use the N-word. And this wasn’t the first time that he’s had an issue with Woodson.
“There are some things that I just won’t tolerate,” Pastner told Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com on Thursday. “I don’t talk that way, and I don’t want players in my program talking that way, and that’s the bottom line.”
“If a few wind sprints in practice didn’t teach a listen, then maybe this suspension will.”
Woodson will not play at UConn.
It will be the third straight game that he spent time in the locker room instead of on the court or on the bench. Against Gonzaga on Saturday, Woodson was tossed for a Flagrant 2 foul on Zag center Przemek Karnowski.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)