Feb 13, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
I can not remember a case of a player getting suspended for cursing before, but that’s exactly what has happened with Memphis freshman center Dominic Woodson.
Woodson was kicked off of the Tiger bench in Wednesday night’s win over Central Florida, and according to Josh Pastner, it was the result of the colorful language the big fella was using.
“I did not like some of his language he used,” Pastner told reporters in his postgame press conference. “So I said, ‘See ya.'”
Pastner does not curse. He does not allow his players to curse. He does not allow the black players to use the N-word. And this wasn’t the first time that he’s had an issue with Woodson.
“There are some things that I just won’t tolerate,” Pastner told Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com on Thursday. “I don’t talk that way, and I don’t want players in my program talking that way, and that’s the bottom line.”
“If a few wind sprints in practice didn’t teach a listen, then maybe this suspension will.”
Woodson will not play at UConn.
It will be the third straight game that he spent time in the locker room instead of on the court or on the bench. Against Gonzaga on Saturday, Woodson was tossed for a Flagrant 2 foul on Zag center Przemek Karnowski.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)