Feb 13, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
I can not remember a case of a player getting suspended for cursing before, but that’s exactly what has happened with Memphis freshman center Dominic Woodson.
Woodson was kicked off of the Tiger bench in Wednesday night’s win over Central Florida, and according to Josh Pastner, it was the result of the colorful language the big fella was using.
“I did not like some of his language he used,” Pastner told reporters in his postgame press conference. “So I said, ‘See ya.'”
Pastner does not curse. He does not allow his players to curse. He does not allow the black players to use the N-word. And this wasn’t the first time that he’s had an issue with Woodson.
“There are some things that I just won’t tolerate,” Pastner told Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com on Thursday. “I don’t talk that way, and I don’t want players in my program talking that way, and that’s the bottom line.”
“If a few wind sprints in practice didn’t teach a listen, then maybe this suspension will.”
Woodson will not play at UConn.
It will be the third straight game that he spent time in the locker room instead of on the court or on the bench. Against Gonzaga on Saturday, Woodson was tossed for a Flagrant 2 foul on Zag center Przemek Karnowski.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)
- Notre Dame freshman Rex Pflueger throws down some impressive dunks (VIDEO) (1)