Feb 13, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
After using the Friday-Sunday format for the women’s Final Four from 1996-2002, the NCAA made the move to a Sunday-Tuesday format in 2003. And after more than a decade of that format, the NCAA has decided to go back to the Friday-Sunday format beginning with the 2017 NCAA tournament.
With the combination of this move and the decision to start the women’s tournament a day earlier, on a Friday as opposed to Saturday, the NCAA hopes to boost attendance for the event. According to the Associated Press, last year’s event averaged just 5,466 fans for all rounds.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 10
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (10)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)