Feb 13, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
After using the Friday-Sunday format for the women’s Final Four from 1996-2002, the NCAA made the move to a Sunday-Tuesday format in 2003. And after more than a decade of that format, the NCAA has decided to go back to the Friday-Sunday format beginning with the 2017 NCAA tournament.
With the combination of this move and the decision to start the women’s tournament a day earlier, on a Friday as opposed to Saturday, the NCAA hopes to boost attendance for the event. According to the Associated Press, last year’s event averaged just 5,466 fans for all rounds.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)