Feb 13, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
With a 15-10 overall record and a 6-4 mark in the Northeast Conference, Glenn Braica’s St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers find themselves in a tie for third place in the NEC with hopes of at the very least hosting one game in the NEC tournament. But those hopes may have taken a hit on Wednesday night due to the reported suspension of four players.
According to News 12 Brooklyn, Anthony White, Wayne Martin, Brent Jones and P.J. Santavenere have all been suspended from the team with White and Martin having been arrested following allegations of sexual assault.
Anthony White was arrested on Feb. 4 after investigators say he slapped a 20-year-old female, choked her and broke her computer in a campus dorm. White was charged with assault with intent to cause physical injury. He was released on his own recognizance with a temporary order of protection against the victim. White is due back in court on March 24.
When reporting that incident, the victim made police aware of another incident from Dec. 2012. Police arrested Wayne Martin and charged him with forcible touching and sex abuse for reportedly attempting to kiss the victim without her consent. Police say the incident also occurred in a dorm room.
Authorities are still investigating the incident involving Martin, and according to News 12 Brooklyn police would like to discuss the matter with another member of the basketball team who was not identified.
Of the four players suspended Jones and White both have starting experience, but Martin’s been the most productive offensively as he’s averaging 7.5 points and 5.2 rebounds per game off the bench. Jones is another key loss for the Terriers, as he’s averaging 6.9 points and a team-high 5.5 assists per game.
At this point in the season coaches like to have their rotation set in stone, with an eye towards the stretch run and conference tournament. That won’t be the case for St. Francis due to these four having to address these serious legal issues.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)