Feb 14, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Texas A&M added a player to its 2014 recruiting class on Thursday, as 6-foot-5 shooting guard Peyton Allen verbally committed to the SEC school. Allen, a native of Chatham, Ill., also held offers from schools such as Butler, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.
In addition to Allen the Aggies have received commitments from guards Sidy Ndir and Alex Robinson, with both having signed a National Letter of Intent during the early signing period. In regards to eligibility Texas A&M will lose just one guard from its perimeter rotation at the end of this season, Fabyon Harris.
According to Brian Snow of Scout.com, Allen committed to the school that was among the first to offer him a scholarship.
A 6-foot-5 guard who can really shoot it, Allen picked up double figure high-major offers as of late, but it was the Aggies that were the first to offer him, and that proved to be the difference.
Allen had a significant amount of comfort with the team and the coaching staff, and that led to him selecting the SEC school.
Allen’s ability to shoot the basketball is something Texas A&M could make good use of next season. Currently the Aggies rank 12th in the SEC in field goal percentage and 13th in three-point percentage, shooting 43.1% from the field and 30.3% from beyond the arc.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)