Feb 14, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
According to multiple media reports, Indiana sophomore forward Hanner Mosquera-Perea was arrested early Friday morning on charges of operating (a vehicle) while intoxicated and operating with a blood alcohol content of 0.15 or greater. According to the Indianapolis Star, both charges are misdemeanors in Indiana.
An officer noticed that his car had its left turn signal on while waiting for the light to change at the intersection of Dunn Street and Third Street — an intersection where a left turn would be the wrong way on a one-way street. When the light changed, the officer observed Mosquera-Perea’s car roll slowly through the intersection, according to the report, read by Monroe.
Once through the intersection, the officer observed the car moving slowly, and it struck a curb. Mosquera-Perea was pulled over at the 1200 block of Atwater Avenue, according to the report.
Friday evening, Indiana head coach Tom Crean announced via Twitter that Mosquera-Perea has been suspended indefinitely.
Mosquera-Perea hasn’t played much during conference play for the Hoosiers, with the 13 minutes he played in a loss at Nebraska on January 30 being the most he’s played in a single game. On the season the sophomore’s averaging 2.9 points and 2.2 rebounds in eight minutes of action per game.
Indiana’s lost two straight and three of its last four games heading into Saturday’s game at in-state rival Purdue.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 0
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)