Feb 14, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
According to multiple media reports, Indiana sophomore forward Hanner Mosquera-Perea was arrested early Friday morning on charges of operating (a vehicle) while intoxicated and operating with a blood alcohol content of 0.15 or greater. According to the Indianapolis Star, both charges are misdemeanors in Indiana.
An officer noticed that his car had its left turn signal on while waiting for the light to change at the intersection of Dunn Street and Third Street — an intersection where a left turn would be the wrong way on a one-way street. When the light changed, the officer observed Mosquera-Perea’s car roll slowly through the intersection, according to the report, read by Monroe.
Once through the intersection, the officer observed the car moving slowly, and it struck a curb. Mosquera-Perea was pulled over at the 1200 block of Atwater Avenue, according to the report.
Friday evening, Indiana head coach Tom Crean announced via Twitter that Mosquera-Perea has been suspended indefinitely.
Mosquera-Perea hasn’t played much during conference play for the Hoosiers, with the 13 minutes he played in a loss at Nebraska on January 30 being the most he’s played in a single game. On the season the sophomore’s averaging 2.9 points and 2.2 rebounds in eight minutes of action per game.
Indiana’s lost two straight and three of its last four games heading into Saturday’s game at in-state rival Purdue.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)