Feb 14, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
According to multiple media reports, Indiana sophomore forward Hanner Mosquera-Perea was arrested early Friday morning on charges of operating (a vehicle) while intoxicated and operating with a blood alcohol content of 0.15 or greater. According to the Indianapolis Star, both charges are misdemeanors in Indiana.
An officer noticed that his car had its left turn signal on while waiting for the light to change at the intersection of Dunn Street and Third Street — an intersection where a left turn would be the wrong way on a one-way street. When the light changed, the officer observed Mosquera-Perea’s car roll slowly through the intersection, according to the report, read by Monroe.
Once through the intersection, the officer observed the car moving slowly, and it struck a curb. Mosquera-Perea was pulled over at the 1200 block of Atwater Avenue, according to the report.
Friday evening, Indiana head coach Tom Crean announced via Twitter that Mosquera-Perea has been suspended indefinitely.
Mosquera-Perea hasn’t played much during conference play for the Hoosiers, with the 13 minutes he played in a loss at Nebraska on January 30 being the most he’s played in a single game. On the season the sophomore’s averaging 2.9 points and 2.2 rebounds in eight minutes of action per game.
Indiana’s lost two straight and three of its last four games heading into Saturday’s game at in-state rival Purdue.
Sep 1, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
Bryce Alford is UCLA’s top returning scorer.
Sep 1, 2015, 8:42 PM EDT
Denzel Valentine will be in contention for Big Ten Player of the Year this season.
Sep 1, 2015, 7:16 PM EDT
Malik Monk is rated as the sixth-best player in 2016.
Sep 1, 2015, 6:33 PM EDT
Duke gets another five-star recruit.
Sep 1, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT
UConn landed its second four-star recruit in the Class of 2016.
Sep 1, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The GW senior finished with 19 points.
Sep 1, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Jayce Johnson is focusing on five schools as he’s set four official visits.
Sep 1, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Georgetown has some very intriguing games on the non-conference slate.
Sep 1, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Arkansas won’t be getting a boost from the four-star big man.
Sep 1, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Pitt bolsters its backcourt with the late addition of a junior college guard.
Sep 1, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Conference realignment is still happening at the lower levels as Coastal Carolina makes a move to the Sun Belt.
Sep 1, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Shamorie Ponds is one of the best bucket-getting guards in the 2016 class.
Aug 31, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Malik Monk is rated No. 6 overall in the Class of 2016 by Rivals.
Aug 31, 2015, 9:44 PM EDT
It’s the second commit in as many nights for the Cyclones.
Aug 31, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Javion Ogunyemi averaged 9.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game in 2014-15.
Aug 31, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
The two teams last met in the 2013 Big East Tournament
Aug 31, 2015, 4:44 PM EDT
Indiana dismissed the forward after his second alcohol-related incident.
Aug 31, 2015, 4:35 PM EDT
Cheick Diallo is still waiting to hear from the NCAA Eligibility Center.
Aug 31, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
Frank Jackson will make his college decision on Tuesday.
Aug 31, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Rawle Alkins is one of the best players to come out of New York in years.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)