Feb 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
On Friday morning Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford appeared on the Dan Patrick Show, discussing the events of last Saturday with guest host Seth Davis of Sports Illustrated. In the interview Ford noted that he was unable to see what occurred in the stands, not learning what happened until the official gave the reason as to why Smart was assessed a technical foul.
Davis and Ford also discussed what exactly was said to Smart by Texas Tech fan Jeff Orr, and based upon the differing stories that’s a question we may never get a concrete answer to.
“I don’t think you’ll ever know [what] was said,” noted Ford. “I think it is a deal where Marcus believes he heard one thing, and somebody else is saying they said another. Again I wasn’t there [at the scene]…so for me to get into all of that would be useless because I don’t know what was said.”
Ford also stated that Marcus has chosen not to talk about the situation any further, preferring to move forward and learn from this situation. Oklahoma State, which has lost five straight games, hosts rival Oklahoma on Saturday afternoon.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)