Feb 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
On Friday morning Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford appeared on the Dan Patrick Show, discussing the events of last Saturday with guest host Seth Davis of Sports Illustrated. In the interview Ford noted that he was unable to see what occurred in the stands, not learning what happened until the official gave the reason as to why Smart was assessed a technical foul.
Davis and Ford also discussed what exactly was said to Smart by Texas Tech fan Jeff Orr, and based upon the differing stories that’s a question we may never get a concrete answer to.
“I don’t think you’ll ever know [what] was said,” noted Ford. “I think it is a deal where Marcus believes he heard one thing, and somebody else is saying they said another. Again I wasn’t there [at the scene]…so for me to get into all of that would be useless because I don’t know what was said.”
Ford also stated that Marcus has chosen not to talk about the situation any further, preferring to move forward and learn from this situation. Oklahoma State, which has lost five straight games, hosts rival Oklahoma on Saturday afternoon.
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 3
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)