Feb 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
On Friday morning Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford appeared on the Dan Patrick Show, discussing the events of last Saturday with guest host Seth Davis of Sports Illustrated. In the interview Ford noted that he was unable to see what occurred in the stands, not learning what happened until the official gave the reason as to why Smart was assessed a technical foul.
Davis and Ford also discussed what exactly was said to Smart by Texas Tech fan Jeff Orr, and based upon the differing stories that’s a question we may never get a concrete answer to.
“I don’t think you’ll ever know [what] was said,” noted Ford. “I think it is a deal where Marcus believes he heard one thing, and somebody else is saying they said another. Again I wasn’t there [at the scene]…so for me to get into all of that would be useless because I don’t know what was said.”
Ford also stated that Marcus has chosen not to talk about the situation any further, preferring to move forward and learn from this situation. Oklahoma State, which has lost five straight games, hosts rival Oklahoma on Saturday afternoon.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)