Feb 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
On Friday morning Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford appeared on the Dan Patrick Show, discussing the events of last Saturday with guest host Seth Davis of Sports Illustrated. In the interview Ford noted that he was unable to see what occurred in the stands, not learning what happened until the official gave the reason as to why Smart was assessed a technical foul.
Davis and Ford also discussed what exactly was said to Smart by Texas Tech fan Jeff Orr, and based upon the differing stories that’s a question we may never get a concrete answer to.
“I don’t think you’ll ever know [what] was said,” noted Ford. “I think it is a deal where Marcus believes he heard one thing, and somebody else is saying they said another. Again I wasn’t there [at the scene]…so for me to get into all of that would be useless because I don’t know what was said.”
Ford also stated that Marcus has chosen not to talk about the situation any further, preferring to move forward and learn from this situation. Oklahoma State, which has lost five straight games, hosts rival Oklahoma on Saturday afternoon.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)