Feb 15, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
After a pair of Lavon Long free throws gave Siena a 64-60 lead at Marist with 12 seconds remaining, the Red Foxes’ chances of winning seemed slim. But even with that being the case, Jeff Bower’s team still had a chance. And sure enough they took advantage, scoring five points in seven seconds to pull off the 65-64 stunner on Friday night.
Chavaughn Lewis went from one end of the floor to the other in five seconds, converting a lay-up that cut the Siena lead to two points. And then, with both teams out of timeouts, the Saints turned the ball over on the ensuing inbounds pass. Jay Bowie stole the pass, and after a shot fake hit the game-winning three-pointer as Siena was unable to attempt a shot afterwards.
As a result of the outcome both teams are now 7-8 in MAAC play, with the top five seeds not having to play on the first day of next month’s MAAC tournament. Currently Rider holds that fifth spot with an 8-7 record, so clearly this was a big result for both the Saints and Red Foxes.
Video courtesy of ESPN
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)