Feb 15, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
No. 1 Syracuse managed to remain undefeated on Saturday night, and believe it or not, the finish may have been more exciting than the Orange’s win over Pitt on Wednesday night.
But the biggest call of the game actually came before the final play. T.J. Warren took a pass over the Syracuse press and went in for what appeared to be an and-one layup, but the referee ruled that he was fouled by Trevor Cooney on the floor.
The play starts at the :35 mark in the video above.
You make the call.
Should Warren have been given an and-one?
Mark Gottfried thinks so. “For them to wipe that away, I already watched the tape,” he said. “I don’t like that call. That changed things.”
My interpretation, quickly: I thought that the foul that the ref called came as Warren was picking up his dribble, meaning that he then took his two steps and the layup after the foul. The ref, who was running full speed and was caught a bit out of position, looked like he was delayed a bit making the call.
I thought it was correct.
But man … it was close, almost as close as Maryland’s upset of Duke.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)