Feb 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
With 3:20 remaining in Saturday’s 81-70 home win over LSU, the Arkansas duo of Rashad Madden and Bobby Portis pulled off a highlight that made the 42nd President of the United States stand up and applaud.
On the fast break Madden flipped a pass behind his back with Portis banked in the lop pass giving the Razorbacks a 75-66 lead.
Bill Clinton, Nolan Richardson, Eddie Sutton and the 1994 NCAA national championship team were all honored by the program at halftime of Saturday’s win. This season marks the 20th anniversary of that championship season. Although he never attended the university, Clinton, who has been a fan of the program, was given a personalized No. 42 framed jersey.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)