Feb 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
With 3:20 remaining in Saturday’s 81-70 home win over LSU, the Arkansas duo of Rashad Madden and Bobby Portis pulled off a highlight that made the 42nd President of the United States stand up and applaud.
On the fast break Madden flipped a pass behind his back with Portis banked in the lop pass giving the Razorbacks a 75-66 lead.
Bill Clinton, Nolan Richardson, Eddie Sutton and the 1994 NCAA national championship team were all honored by the program at halftime of Saturday’s win. This season marks the 20th anniversary of that championship season. Although he never attended the university, Clinton, who has been a fan of the program, was given a personalized No. 42 framed jersey.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)