Feb 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
With 3:20 remaining in Saturday’s 81-70 home win over LSU, the Arkansas duo of Rashad Madden and Bobby Portis pulled off a highlight that made the 42nd President of the United States stand up and applaud.
On the fast break Madden flipped a pass behind his back with Portis banked in the lop pass giving the Razorbacks a 75-66 lead.
Bill Clinton, Nolan Richardson, Eddie Sutton and the 1994 NCAA national championship team were all honored by the program at halftime of Saturday’s win. This season marks the 20th anniversary of that championship season. Although he never attended the university, Clinton, who has been a fan of the program, was given a personalized No. 42 framed jersey.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)