Feb 16, 2014, 2:00 AM EST
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 24 UConn 86, No. 20 Memphis 81 OT
Shabazz Napier had himself a day. UConn’s all-american point guard finished with 34 points, five boards and four assists as the Huskies outlasted Memphis in overtime.
1) No. 3 Florida 69, No. 14 Kentucky 59: Florida’s performance over the last 11 minutes of this game was absolutely dominating. The Gators scored at least one point on each of their final 13 possessions, averaging 2.38 PPP over that stretch. In the last six minutes, they allowed the Wildcats to score just six points.
2) No. 1 Syracuse 56, N.C. State 55: The Orange are still undefeated after they won their third straight game by one point. This time, it was a turnover that led to a layup with 6.7 seconds left that gave them the win.
3) No. 12 Saint Louis 64, VCU 62: Well, the Billikens are going to win the Atlantic 10. In a battle of the two best teams in the conference, Saint Louis was victorious, taking a three-game lead over the Rams, who are currently sitting all alone in second place.
1) Baylor’s Kenny Chery had himself a day, finishing with 20 points, 12 assists, 10 boards and three steals in a double-overtime win over Kansas State.
2) Sean Kilpatrick had another huge game, finishing with 28 points and six assists while committing just a single turnover as No. 10 Cincinnati knocked off Houston, 73-62.
3) Perry Ellis: 32 points, 13-for-15 from the floor, eight boards, five assists, two steals. No. 7 Kansas beat TCU, 95-65. The Horned Frogs had 19 fields goals as a team.
4) Jabari Parker for No. 8 Duke went for 23 points in a 69-67 win over Maryland.
1) Talib Zanna and Lamar Patterson combined to go 7-for-26 from the floor as No. 25 Pitt lost at North Carolina, 75-71.
2) Vols not named Jordan McRae or Jarnell Stokes were 6-for-25 from the floor in Tennessee’s 75-70 loss to Missouri.
3) Indiana. The entire team.
- No. 5 San Diego State struggled to put away Air Force in Viejas Arena, winning 64-56.
- Deandre Kane went for 17 points, nine assists and eight boards as No. 11 Iowa State beat Texas Tech, 70-64.
- Four players reached double figures as No. 16 Iowa knocked off Penn State on the road.
- Joe Harris led the way with 16 points as No. 17 Virginia survived a tough trip to Clemson.
- Javan Felix led five players in double-figures with 18 points as No. 19 Texas blew out surging West Virginia.
- No. 22 Ohio State held Illinois to six points in the first 12 minutes of the second half in their 48-39 win.
- BYU got 18 points from Tyler Haws in an important win over Saint Mary’s.
- Buddy Hield led four players in double figures with 22 points as Oklahoma overcame a huge game from Markel Brown to sweep Bedlam.
- Marquette got 18 points from Jake Thomas in an 81-72 win over Xavier.
- Utah couldn’t overcome 24 points from Jordan Adams in an 80-66 loss to UCLA.
- Ole Miss committed three turnovers on the road and got 24 points out of Marshall Henderson … and lost? To Georgia?
- Not a bad day for Alex Kirk, the second-best big man on New Mexico: 29 points, five boards, five assists, four blocks and no turnovers.
- Middle Tennessee State beat Southern Miss to move into first place in Conference USA.
- Jeff Mullahey scored 27 points as Troy handed Georgia State their first loss in Sun Belt play, 85-81.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)