Feb 17, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Oklahoma State is currently in the second half of a huge Big 12 road game at Baylor as both teams are 4-8 in the league and looking for any kind of boost down the stretch run that they can find.
The Cowboys have lost five straight games — and both games in the beginning of Marcus Smart’s three-game suspension — but Smart still took to Twitter during the Cowboys’ game on Monday night to call out a negative Oklahoma State blogger.
Smart made the three tweets directed at the Twitter account of the Oklahoma State blog Pistols Firing (@pistolsguy) during Monday’s night’s game without the account saying anything directly to Smart.
I applaud Marcus Smart for standing up for his teammates and coaches but after all of the recent controversy about his interaction with fans, maybe it isn’t best if he is engaging with them on social media; especially an Oklahoma State blogger that has said unflattering things about their season.
Smart didn’t say anything offensive or out of line, but the timing of these tweets — in the middle of his team’s important game while he’s suspended for shoving a fan — comes at absolutely the wrong time to engage in this kind of behavior.
When Marcus Smart agreed to return to school this season for his sophomore year, he assumed added pressure that came along with the expectations of being an All-American. Now that Smart is dealing with controversy, its probably a better idea if he focuses on playing well when he returns and not worrying about what detractors are saying on social media.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)