Feb 17, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Oklahoma State is currently in the second half of a huge Big 12 road game at Baylor as both teams are 4-8 in the league and looking for any kind of boost down the stretch run that they can find.
The Cowboys have lost five straight games — and both games in the beginning of Marcus Smart’s three-game suspension — but Smart still took to Twitter during the Cowboys’ game on Monday night to call out a negative Oklahoma State blogger.
Smart made the three tweets directed at the Twitter account of the Oklahoma State blog Pistols Firing (@pistolsguy) during Monday’s night’s game without the account saying anything directly to Smart.
I applaud Marcus Smart for standing up for his teammates and coaches but after all of the recent controversy about his interaction with fans, maybe it isn’t best if he is engaging with them on social media; especially an Oklahoma State blogger that has said unflattering things about their season.
Smart didn’t say anything offensive or out of line, but the timing of these tweets — in the middle of his team’s important game while he’s suspended for shoving a fan — comes at absolutely the wrong time to engage in this kind of behavior.
When Marcus Smart agreed to return to school this season for his sophomore year, he assumed added pressure that came along with the expectations of being an All-American. Now that Smart is dealing with controversy, its probably a better idea if he focuses on playing well when he returns and not worrying about what detractors are saying on social media.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)