Feb 17, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Oklahoma State is currently in the second half of a huge Big 12 road game at Baylor as both teams are 4-8 in the league and looking for any kind of boost down the stretch run that they can find.
The Cowboys have lost five straight games — and both games in the beginning of Marcus Smart’s three-game suspension — but Smart still took to Twitter during the Cowboys’ game on Monday night to call out a negative Oklahoma State blogger.
Smart made the three tweets directed at the Twitter account of the Oklahoma State blog Pistols Firing (@pistolsguy) during Monday’s night’s game without the account saying anything directly to Smart.
I applaud Marcus Smart for standing up for his teammates and coaches but after all of the recent controversy about his interaction with fans, maybe it isn’t best if he is engaging with them on social media; especially an Oklahoma State blogger that has said unflattering things about their season.
Smart didn’t say anything offensive or out of line, but the timing of these tweets — in the middle of his team’s important game while he’s suspended for shoving a fan — comes at absolutely the wrong time to engage in this kind of behavior.
When Marcus Smart agreed to return to school this season for his sophomore year, he assumed added pressure that came along with the expectations of being an All-American. Now that Smart is dealing with controversy, its probably a better idea if he focuses on playing well when he returns and not worrying about what detractors are saying on social media.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)