Feb 17, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT
Oklahoma State is currently in the second half of a huge Big 12 road game at Baylor as both teams are 4-8 in the league and looking for any kind of boost down the stretch run that they can find.
The Cowboys have lost five straight games — and both games in the beginning of Marcus Smart’s three-game suspension — but Smart still took to Twitter during the Cowboys’ game on Monday night to call out a negative Oklahoma State blogger.
Smart made the three tweets directed at the Twitter account of the Oklahoma State blog Pistols Firing (@pistolsguy) during Monday’s night’s game without the account saying anything directly to Smart.
I applaud Marcus Smart for standing up for his teammates and coaches but after all of the recent controversy about his interaction with fans, maybe it isn’t best if he is engaging with them on social media; especially an Oklahoma State blogger that has said unflattering things about their season.
Smart didn’t say anything offensive or out of line, but the timing of these tweets — in the middle of his team’s important game while he’s suspended for shoving a fan — comes at absolutely the wrong time to engage in this kind of behavior.
When Marcus Smart agreed to return to school this season for his sophomore year, he assumed added pressure that came along with the expectations of being an All-American. Now that Smart is dealing with controversy, its probably a better idea if he focuses on playing well when he returns and not worrying about what detractors are saying on social media.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)