Feb 17, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: North Carolina at Florida State, 7:00 p.m.
North Carolina has played their way right past being the laughing stock of college basketball. The Heels have some bad losses on their resume, but they picked up yet another quality win over the weekend, knocking off Pitt at home. On Thursday, they will host Duke in what will be the biggest game of the year to date for the Heels. That makes tonight kind of awkward. NC will be down in Tallahassee, playing the second of four games in an eight-day span. FSU is on the wrong side of the bubble and desperately needs this win.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: Oklahoma State at Baylor, 9:00 p.m.
A month ago, if I had told you that this would be a big game, you would have assumed that I meant because it was between two top 15 teams, right? At the end of 2013, both the Cowboys and the Bears were in the top ten. Tonight, they’ll square off as two teams looking to avoid playing themselves onto the wrong side of the bubble with identical, 4-8 league records.
This will be the final game that Oklahoma State will be without Marcus Smart.
FIVE THINGS TO KEEP AN EYE ON:
1) Delaware is one of six teams left that hasn’t lost a game in league play yet, and they’ll have their toughest test of the conference season in a trip to Towson.
2) Georgia State lost on Saturday so they’re no longer on that list with Delaware. They will look to bounce back against Texas State tonight.
3) Weber State has a three game lead on everyone in the Big Sky. They’ll play Idaho State tonight.
4) UNC-Central has firm control of the MEAC. They’ll get a visit from Savannah State tonight.
5) Mississippi Valley State will visit Southern tonight, who is in first place in the SWAC.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)