Feb 17, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: North Carolina at Florida State, 7:00 p.m.
North Carolina has played their way right past being the laughing stock of college basketball. The Heels have some bad losses on their resume, but they picked up yet another quality win over the weekend, knocking off Pitt at home. On Thursday, they will host Duke in what will be the biggest game of the year to date for the Heels. That makes tonight kind of awkward. NC will be down in Tallahassee, playing the second of four games in an eight-day span. FSU is on the wrong side of the bubble and desperately needs this win.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: Oklahoma State at Baylor, 9:00 p.m.
A month ago, if I had told you that this would be a big game, you would have assumed that I meant because it was between two top 15 teams, right? At the end of 2013, both the Cowboys and the Bears were in the top ten. Tonight, they’ll square off as two teams looking to avoid playing themselves onto the wrong side of the bubble with identical, 4-8 league records.
This will be the final game that Oklahoma State will be without Marcus Smart.
FIVE THINGS TO KEEP AN EYE ON:
1) Delaware is one of six teams left that hasn’t lost a game in league play yet, and they’ll have their toughest test of the conference season in a trip to Towson.
2) Georgia State lost on Saturday so they’re no longer on that list with Delaware. They will look to bounce back against Texas State tonight.
3) Weber State has a three game lead on everyone in the Big Sky. They’ll play Idaho State tonight.
4) UNC-Central has firm control of the MEAC. They’ll get a visit from Savannah State tonight.
5) Mississippi Valley State will visit Southern tonight, who is in first place in the SWAC.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)