Feb 17, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: North Carolina at Florida State, 7:00 p.m.
North Carolina has played their way right past being the laughing stock of college basketball. The Heels have some bad losses on their resume, but they picked up yet another quality win over the weekend, knocking off Pitt at home. On Thursday, they will host Duke in what will be the biggest game of the year to date for the Heels. That makes tonight kind of awkward. NC will be down in Tallahassee, playing the second of four games in an eight-day span. FSU is on the wrong side of the bubble and desperately needs this win.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: Oklahoma State at Baylor, 9:00 p.m.
A month ago, if I had told you that this would be a big game, you would have assumed that I meant because it was between two top 15 teams, right? At the end of 2013, both the Cowboys and the Bears were in the top ten. Tonight, they’ll square off as two teams looking to avoid playing themselves onto the wrong side of the bubble with identical, 4-8 league records.
This will be the final game that Oklahoma State will be without Marcus Smart.
FIVE THINGS TO KEEP AN EYE ON:
1) Delaware is one of six teams left that hasn’t lost a game in league play yet, and they’ll have their toughest test of the conference season in a trip to Towson.
2) Georgia State lost on Saturday so they’re no longer on that list with Delaware. They will look to bounce back against Texas State tonight.
3) Weber State has a three game lead on everyone in the Big Sky. They’ll play Idaho State tonight.
4) UNC-Central has firm control of the MEAC. They’ll get a visit from Savannah State tonight.
5) Mississippi Valley State will visit Southern tonight, who is in first place in the SWAC.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)