Feb 17, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
North Carolina continues to compile wins in the ACC as the Tar Heels won 81-75 on Monday in a road win at Florida State.
Despite zero points in about 13 minutes from junior James Michael McAdoo, the Tar Heels (18-7, 8-4) still took their first lead with ten minutes left in the game and held off Florida State (15-11, 6-8) for the rest of the game.
Marcus Paige was huge, making a lot of plays from the right wing, as the lefty guard drilled three second-half three-pointers from that spot, while also driving baseline and making passes or scoring as well. The sophomore finished with 20 points and seven assists.
Kennedy Meeks was the most important player of the game for the Tar Heels, however. The freshman big man came off the bench to score 23 points and grab seven rebounds as he finished 11-for-12 from the field.
While also getting scoring from Brice Johnson (14 points) and J.P. Tokoto (10 points), North Carolina was able to hold off Florida State by getting some stops and using turnovers and stops to get out in transition.
North Carolina has been seven straight games heading into its Thursday battle at home with No. 5 Duke. Can the Tar Heels keep picking up wins in the ACC and knock off their rival in the process?
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)