Feb 17, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
North Carolina continues to compile wins in the ACC as the Tar Heels won 81-75 on Monday in a road win at Florida State.
Despite zero points in about 13 minutes from junior James Michael McAdoo, the Tar Heels (18-7, 8-4) still took their first lead with ten minutes left in the game and held off Florida State (15-11, 6-8) for the rest of the game.
Marcus Paige was huge, making a lot of plays from the right wing, as the lefty guard drilled three second-half three-pointers from that spot, while also driving baseline and making passes or scoring as well. The sophomore finished with 20 points and seven assists.
Kennedy Meeks was the most important player of the game for the Tar Heels, however. The freshman big man came off the bench to score 23 points and grab seven rebounds as he finished 11-for-12 from the field.
While also getting scoring from Brice Johnson (14 points) and J.P. Tokoto (10 points), North Carolina was able to hold off Florida State by getting some stops and using turnovers and stops to get out in transition.
North Carolina has been seven straight games heading into its Thursday battle at home with No. 5 Duke. Can the Tar Heels keep picking up wins in the ACC and knock off their rival in the process?
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)