Feb 17, 2014, 9:22 PM EST
North Carolina continues to compile wins in the ACC as the Tar Heels won 81-75 on Monday in a road win at Florida State.
Despite zero points in about 13 minutes from junior James Michael McAdoo, the Tar Heels (18-7, 8-4) still took their first lead with ten minutes left in the game and held off Florida State (15-11, 6-8) for the rest of the game.
Marcus Paige was huge, making a lot of plays from the right wing, as the lefty guard drilled three second-half three-pointers from that spot, while also driving baseline and making passes or scoring as well. The sophomore finished with 20 points and seven assists.
Kennedy Meeks was the most important player of the game for the Tar Heels, however. The freshman big man came off the bench to score 23 points and grab seven rebounds as he finished 11-for-12 from the field.
While also getting scoring from Brice Johnson (14 points) and J.P. Tokoto (10 points), North Carolina was able to hold off Florida State by getting some stops and using turnovers and stops to get out in transition.
North Carolina has been seven straight games heading into its Thursday battle at home with No. 5 Duke. Can the Tar Heels keep picking up wins in the ACC and knock off their rival in the process?
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)