Feb 17, 2014, 9:22 PM EST
North Carolina continues to compile wins in the ACC as the Tar Heels won 81-75 on Monday in a road win at Florida State.
Despite zero points in about 13 minutes from junior James Michael McAdoo, the Tar Heels (18-7, 8-4) still took their first lead with ten minutes left in the game and held off Florida State (15-11, 6-8) for the rest of the game.
Marcus Paige was huge, making a lot of plays from the right wing, as the lefty guard drilled three second-half three-pointers from that spot, while also driving baseline and making passes or scoring as well. The sophomore finished with 20 points and seven assists.
Kennedy Meeks was the most important player of the game for the Tar Heels, however. The freshman big man came off the bench to score 23 points and grab seven rebounds as he finished 11-for-12 from the field.
While also getting scoring from Brice Johnson (14 points) and J.P. Tokoto (10 points), North Carolina was able to hold off Florida State by getting some stops and using turnovers and stops to get out in transition.
North Carolina has been seven straight games heading into its Thursday battle at home with No. 5 Duke. Can the Tar Heels keep picking up wins in the ACC and knock off their rival in the process?
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)