Feb 17, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
SMU picked up a commitment in the junior class on Monday night as 2015 point guard Sedrick Barefield committed to head coach Larry Brown and the Mustangs during his official visit to the campus.
The commitment was confirmed on Twitter by the Compton Magic AAU program, who Barefield runs with in the summer. Barefield and his teammates took home the adidas Super 64 title in Las Vegas this summer.
The 6-foot-2 Barefield is from Corona, California and goes to Centennial High School. Rivals regards the point guard as the No. 85 overall prospect in the 2015 class and Barefield is another four-star prospect for head coach Larry Brown.
This commitment continues to give Brown good guards and gives SMU some insurance in-case incoming All-American Emmanual Mudiay decides to go one-and-done next season.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0