Feb 17, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
SMU picked up a commitment in the junior class on Monday night as 2015 point guard Sedrick Barefield committed to head coach Larry Brown and the Mustangs during his official visit to the campus.
The commitment was confirmed on Twitter by the Compton Magic AAU program, who Barefield runs with in the summer. Barefield and his teammates took home the adidas Super 64 title in Las Vegas this summer.
The 6-foot-2 Barefield is from Corona, California and goes to Centennial High School. Rivals regards the point guard as the No. 85 overall prospect in the 2015 class and Barefield is another four-star prospect for head coach Larry Brown.
This commitment continues to give Brown good guards and gives SMU some insurance in-case incoming All-American Emmanual Mudiay decides to go one-and-done next season.
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)