Feb 17, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
SMU picked up a commitment in the junior class on Monday night as 2015 point guard Sedrick Barefield committed to head coach Larry Brown and the Mustangs during his official visit to the campus.
The commitment was confirmed on Twitter by the Compton Magic AAU program, who Barefield runs with in the summer. Barefield and his teammates took home the adidas Super 64 title in Las Vegas this summer.
The 6-foot-2 Barefield is from Corona, California and goes to Centennial High School. Rivals regards the point guard as the No. 85 overall prospect in the 2015 class and Barefield is another four-star prospect for head coach Larry Brown.
This commitment continues to give Brown good guards and gives SMU some insurance in-case incoming All-American Emmanual Mudiay decides to go one-and-done next season.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)