Feb 17, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
SMU picked up a commitment in the junior class on Monday night as 2015 point guard Sedrick Barefield committed to head coach Larry Brown and the Mustangs during his official visit to the campus.
The commitment was confirmed on Twitter by the Compton Magic AAU program, who Barefield runs with in the summer. Barefield and his teammates took home the adidas Super 64 title in Las Vegas this summer.
The 6-foot-2 Barefield is from Corona, California and goes to Centennial High School. Rivals regards the point guard as the No. 85 overall prospect in the 2015 class and Barefield is another four-star prospect for head coach Larry Brown.
This commitment continues to give Brown good guards and gives SMU some insurance in-case incoming All-American Emmanual Mudiay decides to go one-and-done next season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)