Feb 17, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
SMU picked up a commitment in the junior class on Monday night as 2015 point guard Sedrick Barefield committed to head coach Larry Brown and the Mustangs during his official visit to the campus.
The commitment was confirmed on Twitter by the Compton Magic AAU program, who Barefield runs with in the summer. Barefield and his teammates took home the adidas Super 64 title in Las Vegas this summer.
The 6-foot-2 Barefield is from Corona, California and goes to Centennial High School. Rivals regards the point guard as the No. 85 overall prospect in the 2015 class and Barefield is another four-star prospect for head coach Larry Brown.
This commitment continues to give Brown good guards and gives SMU some insurance in-case incoming All-American Emmanual Mudiay decides to go one-and-done next season.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)