Feb 17, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
SMU picked up a commitment in the junior class on Monday night as 2015 point guard Sedrick Barefield committed to head coach Larry Brown and the Mustangs during his official visit to the campus.
The commitment was confirmed on Twitter by the Compton Magic AAU program, who Barefield runs with in the summer. Barefield and his teammates took home the adidas Super 64 title in Las Vegas this summer.
The 6-foot-2 Barefield is from Corona, California and goes to Centennial High School. Rivals regards the point guard as the No. 85 overall prospect in the 2015 class and Barefield is another four-star prospect for head coach Larry Brown.
This commitment continues to give Brown good guards and gives SMU some insurance in-case incoming All-American Emmanual Mudiay decides to go one-and-done next season.
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 2 Recap: Derrick Jones puts on a show 0
- Five-star 2015 forward Henry Ellenson working to become a more versatile player 1
- Diamond Stone discusses his package deal, recent weight loss 1
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 1 Recap: College players shine, LeBron joins high school campers 1
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 1 Recap: Derryck Thornton outshines Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere 0
- Senate Commerce Committee grills NCAA president Mark Emmert 0
- July Live Period Preview: The most notable events during the summer 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (9)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Former NBA champion Robert Horry: ‘I hate AAU basketball’ (VIDEO) (3)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)