Feb 18, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Tuesday night’s Big Ten battle between No. 15 Iowa and Indiana has been postponed the school announced after a piece of metal fell from the Assembly Hall ceiling onto seating in the lower bowl.
“Safety is our No.1 priority,” Indiana Director of Athletics Fred Glass said in a statement. Our University engineers have advised us to postpone events in Assembly Hall until it can be determined what caused the facing to fall and ensure the safety of everyone attending an event in the facility.”
According to the press release from the university, a piece of metal fell and damaged seats in Section F (located in the corner of the arena) on Tuesday afternoon. A rescheduled date has yet to be set. Indiana has set up a press conference for 7 p.m.
Iowa is in second place in the Big Ten behind Michigan and Michigan State with 19-6 (8-4 Big Ten) record while Indiana is toward the bottom of the conference standings at 14-11 (4-8).
Tip for tonight’s game was set for 9 p.m.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can Green Bay take the next step, represent the Horizon League in the Tournament? 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)