Feb 18, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Tuesday night’s Big Ten battle between No. 15 Iowa and Indiana has been postponed the school announced after a piece of metal fell from the Assembly Hall ceiling onto seating in the lower bowl.
“Safety is our No.1 priority,” Indiana Director of Athletics Fred Glass said in a statement. Our University engineers have advised us to postpone events in Assembly Hall until it can be determined what caused the facing to fall and ensure the safety of everyone attending an event in the facility.”
According to the press release from the university, a piece of metal fell and damaged seats in Section F (located in the corner of the arena) on Tuesday afternoon. A rescheduled date has yet to be set. Indiana has set up a press conference for 7 p.m.
Iowa is in second place in the Big Ten behind Michigan and Michigan State with 19-6 (8-4 Big Ten) record while Indiana is toward the bottom of the conference standings at 14-11 (4-8).
Tip for tonight’s game was set for 9 p.m.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)