Feb 18, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Tuesday night’s Big Ten battle between No. 15 Iowa and Indiana has been postponed the school announced after a piece of metal fell from the Assembly Hall ceiling onto seating in the lower bowl.
“Safety is our No.1 priority,” Indiana Director of Athletics Fred Glass said in a statement. Our University engineers have advised us to postpone events in Assembly Hall until it can be determined what caused the facing to fall and ensure the safety of everyone attending an event in the facility.”
According to the press release from the university, a piece of metal fell and damaged seats in Section F (located in the corner of the arena) on Tuesday afternoon. A rescheduled date has yet to be set. Indiana has set up a press conference for 7 p.m.
Iowa is in second place in the Big Ten behind Michigan and Michigan State with 19-6 (8-4 Big Ten) record while Indiana is toward the bottom of the conference standings at 14-11 (4-8).
Tip for tonight’s game was set for 9 p.m.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)