Feb 18, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Tuesday night’s Big Ten battle between No. 15 Iowa and Indiana has been postponed the school announced after a piece of metal fell from the Assembly Hall ceiling onto seating in the lower bowl.
“Safety is our No.1 priority,” Indiana Director of Athletics Fred Glass said in a statement. Our University engineers have advised us to postpone events in Assembly Hall until it can be determined what caused the facing to fall and ensure the safety of everyone attending an event in the facility.”
According to the press release from the university, a piece of metal fell and damaged seats in Section F (located in the corner of the arena) on Tuesday afternoon. A rescheduled date has yet to be set. Indiana has set up a press conference for 7 p.m.
Iowa is in second place in the Big Ten behind Michigan and Michigan State with 19-6 (8-4 Big Ten) record while Indiana is toward the bottom of the conference standings at 14-11 (4-8).
Tip for tonight’s game was set for 9 p.m.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)