Feb 18, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Tuesday night’s Big Ten battle between No. 15 Iowa and Indiana has been postponed the school announced after a piece of metal fell from the Assembly Hall ceiling onto seating in the lower bowl.
“Safety is our No.1 priority,” Indiana Director of Athletics Fred Glass said in a statement. Our University engineers have advised us to postpone events in Assembly Hall until it can be determined what caused the facing to fall and ensure the safety of everyone attending an event in the facility.”
According to the press release from the university, a piece of metal fell and damaged seats in Section F (located in the corner of the arena) on Tuesday afternoon. A rescheduled date has yet to be set. Indiana has set up a press conference for 7 p.m.
Iowa is in second place in the Big Ten behind Michigan and Michigan State with 19-6 (8-4 Big Ten) record while Indiana is toward the bottom of the conference standings at 14-11 (4-8).
Tip for tonight’s game was set for 9 p.m.
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)