Feb 18, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Baylor 70, Oklahoma State 64, OT
Of course the Big 12 Big Monday game went to overtime. It’s becoming a Monday night tradition.
Leyton Hammonds played late-game hero for the Cowboys, stealing an inbounds pass and burying the game-tying three-pointer at the buzzer, but Baylor pulled away in overtime thanks to strong offensive rebounding and good scoring balance.
Baylor picked up its third consecutive win in the Big 12 and has some quality games coming up while Oklahoma State has lost seven consecutive games.
1) North Carolina 81, Florida State 75
The Tar Heels picked up their seventh straight win in the ACC on Monday with a road win at Florida State. Despite James Michael McAdoo finishing scoreless and fouling out with only 13 minutes played, North Carolina took its first lead of the game with ten minutes left and held on to win as Marcus Paige (20 points) and Kennedy Meeks (23 points) each had great efforts.
2) Towson 78, Delaware 63
Big win for Towson (18-9, 9-3) at home as they beat CAA unbeaten Delaware (19-8, 11-1) by double digits. The win snapped a 13-game winning streak for the Blue Hens, as they had yet to lose in 2014 and had already defeated Towson at their place in January. Jerelle Benimon went for 25 points, 18 rebounds and five assists to lead four Towson starters in double figures.
3) Georgia State 68, Texas State 41
Georgia State (18-7, 11-1) continued its strong season in the Sun Belt with a 68-41 win over Texas State (7-18, 3-9). Ryan Harrow led four starters in double figures with 17 points.
1) De’Mon Brooks (21 points) led five players with at least 13 points for Davidson (16-11, 12-1) in a SoCon victory over The Citadel. Davidson leads Chattanooga by a game in the SoCon standings.
2) Jeremy Ingram played all 40 minutes and scored 38 points as North Carolina Central (20-5, 11-1) knocked off Savannah State 76-62 for a MEAC road win. North Carolina Central has won 12 consecutive games and leads the MEAC.
3) Morgan State (10-13, 8-3) had three players with 20 points each in its win over Maryland-Eastern Shore (4-19, 2-9). Justin Black finished with 24 points, Ian Chiles had 22 points and Cedric Blossom had 20 points in the MEAC road win.
1) James Michael McAdoo played 13 minutes and fouled out in North Carolina’s win at Florida State. Even worse, McAdoo was passive on offense and was 0-for-2 for 0 points.
2) Big Sky leader Weber State (14-8. 11-3) took a road loss to Idaho State (10-14, 7-7) on Monday night in a game that could have helped them maintain their lead in the league.
3) Prairie View A&M became the latest victim of Grambling State as the Tigers won 83-81 for a Monday SWAC road win. Grambling State picked up its first road win of the season — and in nearly two years.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4