Feb 18, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Last month, Nike unveiled brand new jerseys that would be given to seven different programs this season, and on Wednesday, Syracuse will be donning their’s.
According to Nike, the script on the jersey was first used at Syracuse in 1984, when Pearl Washington was on the team. On Wednesday, when the Orange play Boston College with these jerseys on, Washington will be in attendance.
The other cool part about these jerseys?
They aren’t throwbacks. Nike has incorporated different elements of different uniforms worn by the Orange is years past. It may look old school, but this is actually a brand new uniform.
(h/t Nunes Magician)
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)