Feb 18, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Last month, Nike unveiled brand new jerseys that would be given to seven different programs this season, and on Wednesday, Syracuse will be donning their’s.
According to Nike, the script on the jersey was first used at Syracuse in 1984, when Pearl Washington was on the team. On Wednesday, when the Orange play Boston College with these jerseys on, Washington will be in attendance.
The other cool part about these jerseys?
They aren’t throwbacks. Nike has incorporated different elements of different uniforms worn by the Orange is years past. It may look old school, but this is actually a brand new uniform.
(h/t Nunes Magician)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)