Feb 18, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Last month, Nike unveiled brand new jerseys that would be given to seven different programs this season, and on Wednesday, Syracuse will be donning their’s.
According to Nike, the script on the jersey was first used at Syracuse in 1984, when Pearl Washington was on the team. On Wednesday, when the Orange play Boston College with these jerseys on, Washington will be in attendance.
The other cool part about these jerseys?
They aren’t throwbacks. Nike has incorporated different elements of different uniforms worn by the Orange is years past. It may look old school, but this is actually a brand new uniform.
(h/t Nunes Magician)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)