Feb 18, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Last month, Nike unveiled brand new jerseys that would be given to seven different programs this season, and on Wednesday, Syracuse will be donning their’s.
According to Nike, the script on the jersey was first used at Syracuse in 1984, when Pearl Washington was on the team. On Wednesday, when the Orange play Boston College with these jerseys on, Washington will be in attendance.
The other cool part about these jerseys?
They aren’t throwbacks. Nike has incorporated different elements of different uniforms worn by the Orange is years past. It may look old school, but this is actually a brand new uniform.
(h/t Nunes Magician)
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)