Feb 18, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 19 Texas at No. 17 Iowa State, 7:00 p.m.
Another day, another awesome Big 12 matchup. Tonight, Texas will be making the trip up to Ames to take on Iowa State. The matchup here that will decide the game is Cameron Ridley. He’s far to big for anyone on Iowa State to deal with, but he’s not going to be able to stay with Georges Niang or Melvin Ejim on the perimeter. Who takes advantage?
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 18 Kentucky at Ole Miss, 7:00 p.m.
Kentucky is coming off of a disappointing, but promising, loss to Florida at home. Ole Miss will have two more chances to land a marquee victory that they so desperately need, with the latter coming at home against Florida on Saturday. And who can resist Marshall Henderson squaring off with the Wildcats?
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 9 Villanova at Providence, 7:00 p.m.
A month ago, Providence had all-but played their way onto the bubble after beating Creighton and Xavier in the span of three games. Since then, they’ve lost four of their last six, with both of the wins coming against DePaul. The will be the best chance the Friars have to land another good win this season.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) George Washington will be making the trip to Richmond in a key bubble game in the Atlantic 10. The game will be on NBC Sports Network. It tips at 7:00 p.m.
2) No. 15 Iowa will head to Bloomington tonight to take on Indiana in a game that looked a lot more intriguing before Indiana’s recent collapse. The Hoosiers are still talented enough to pull off this upset.
3) Will No. 5 Duke overlook Georgia Tech tonight? They visit North Carolina on Thursday and play Syracuse at home on Saturday.
4) Texas Tech has been a pesky team to play in Lubbock this season. No. 8 Kansas makes the trip there tonight. Joel Embiid will be back tonight as well.
5) Georgia is two games up on Tennessee in the SEC standings, but Tennessee is in much better position on the bubble.
- Utah State at No. 6 San Diego State, 11:00 p.m.
- South Florida at No. 11 Louisville, 7:00 p.m.
- No. 14 Virginia at Virginia Tech, 9:00 p.m.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)