Feb 18, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 19 Texas at No. 17 Iowa State, 7:00 p.m.
Another day, another awesome Big 12 matchup. Tonight, Texas will be making the trip up to Ames to take on Iowa State. The matchup here that will decide the game is Cameron Ridley. He’s far to big for anyone on Iowa State to deal with, but he’s not going to be able to stay with Georges Niang or Melvin Ejim on the perimeter. Who takes advantage?
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 18 Kentucky at Ole Miss, 7:00 p.m.
Kentucky is coming off of a disappointing, but promising, loss to Florida at home. Ole Miss will have two more chances to land a marquee victory that they so desperately need, with the latter coming at home against Florida on Saturday. And who can resist Marshall Henderson squaring off with the Wildcats?
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 9 Villanova at Providence, 7:00 p.m.
A month ago, Providence had all-but played their way onto the bubble after beating Creighton and Xavier in the span of three games. Since then, they’ve lost four of their last six, with both of the wins coming against DePaul. The will be the best chance the Friars have to land another good win this season.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) George Washington will be making the trip to Richmond in a key bubble game in the Atlantic 10. The game will be on NBC Sports Network. It tips at 7:00 p.m.
2) No. 15 Iowa will head to Bloomington tonight to take on Indiana in a game that looked a lot more intriguing before Indiana’s recent collapse. The Hoosiers are still talented enough to pull off this upset.
3) Will No. 5 Duke overlook Georgia Tech tonight? They visit North Carolina on Thursday and play Syracuse at home on Saturday.
4) Texas Tech has been a pesky team to play in Lubbock this season. No. 8 Kansas makes the trip there tonight. Joel Embiid will be back tonight as well.
5) Georgia is two games up on Tennessee in the SEC standings, but Tennessee is in much better position on the bubble.
- Utah State at No. 6 San Diego State, 11:00 p.m.
- South Florida at No. 11 Louisville, 7:00 p.m.
- No. 14 Virginia at Virginia Tech, 9:00 p.m.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)