Feb 18, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
VCU lost some front court depth on Tuesday when the program announced that Terrance Shannon would be leaving the team for personal reasons.
“We thank Terrance for his contributions to the program and wish him luck in his future endeavors,” head coach Shaka Smart said in a statement.
Shannon came to VCU this summer as a graduate transfer after spending four season at Florida State. He started the season well, seeing double-digit minutes in the first six games after scoring 14 points and grabbing six boards in the season-opener.
But a knee injury has bothered him all year long, and in eight games that VCU has played in the last month, he’s missed three, played a total of 21 minutes in the other five and grabbed just four rebounds without scoring a single point.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)