Feb 18, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
VCU lost some front court depth on Tuesday when the program announced that Terrance Shannon would be leaving the team for personal reasons.
“We thank Terrance for his contributions to the program and wish him luck in his future endeavors,” head coach Shaka Smart said in a statement.
Shannon came to VCU this summer as a graduate transfer after spending four season at Florida State. He started the season well, seeing double-digit minutes in the first six games after scoring 14 points and grabbing six boards in the season-opener.
But a knee injury has bothered him all year long, and in eight games that VCU has played in the last month, he’s missed three, played a total of 21 minutes in the other five and grabbed just four rebounds without scoring a single point.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)