Feb 18, 2014, 7:57 PM EST
VCU lost some front court depth on Tuesday when the program announced that Terrance Shannon would be leaving the team for personal reasons.
“We thank Terrance for his contributions to the program and wish him luck in his future endeavors,” head coach Shaka Smart said in a statement.
Shannon came to VCU this summer as a graduate transfer after spending four season at Florida State. He started the season well, seeing double-digit minutes in the first six games after scoring 14 points and grabbing six boards in the season-opener.
But a knee injury has bothered him all year long, and in eight games that VCU has played in the last month, he’s missed three, played a total of 21 minutes in the other five and grabbed just four rebounds without scoring a single point.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)