Feb 18, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
VCU lost some front court depth on Tuesday when the program announced that Terrance Shannon would be leaving the team for personal reasons.
“We thank Terrance for his contributions to the program and wish him luck in his future endeavors,” head coach Shaka Smart said in a statement.
Shannon came to VCU this summer as a graduate transfer after spending four season at Florida State. He started the season well, seeing double-digit minutes in the first six games after scoring 14 points and grabbing six boards in the season-opener.
But a knee injury has bothered him all year long, and in eight games that VCU has played in the last month, he’s missed three, played a total of 21 minutes in the other five and grabbed just four rebounds without scoring a single point.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)