Feb 19, 2014, 12:47 PM EST
Earlier this week, video of Jack Lavery appearing to win $10,000 in a halftime contest at West Chester university in Pennsylvania went viral.
Lavery was denied the money, however, because of a technicality in the rule.
He had to hit a layup, a free throws, a three-pointer and a half-court shot in succession to win the money. He made the first three and missed his first half-court shot before banking in a ridiculous, running turnaround from the mid-court line.
So the school — or, rather, the insurance company the school used to run the promotion — said they wouldn’t pay.
But Pizza Hut stepped up!
— Pizza Hut (@pizzahut) February 18, 2014
So Jack not only got his money, but a year’s worth of Pizza Hut pizza.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)