Feb 19, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
Earlier this week, video of Jack Lavery appearing to win $10,000 in a halftime contest at West Chester university in Pennsylvania went viral.
Lavery was denied the money, however, because of a technicality in the rule.
He had to hit a layup, a free throws, a three-pointer and a half-court shot in succession to win the money. He made the first three and missed his first half-court shot before banking in a ridiculous, running turnaround from the mid-court line.
So the school — or, rather, the insurance company the school used to run the promotion — said they wouldn’t pay.
But Pizza Hut stepped up!
— Pizza Hut (@pizzahut) February 18, 2014
So Jack not only got his money, but a year’s worth of Pizza Hut pizza.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)