Feb 19, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
The internet has had a massive effect on the way that people consume news nowadays.
The online side is taking over. Print media is a thing of the past, but that still doesn’t change the significance of being put on the cover of Sports Illustrated. That will always have meaning, and this week, SI released two different cover stories: One about the undefeated Wichita State Shockers and one about Jabari Parker’s relationship with Coach K.
This is a big deal for a college basketball season that has been overrun with story lines. It’s rare that the sport will grace the front page of a national publication like SI outside the month of March — particularly when the Winter Olympics are going on — but here we are.
You can take a look at the covers below:
- Report: Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 0
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 0
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 12
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 79
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (79)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)