Feb 19, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
The internet has had a massive effect on the way that people consume news nowadays.
The online side is taking over. Print media is a thing of the past, but that still doesn’t change the significance of being put on the cover of Sports Illustrated. That will always have meaning, and this week, SI released two different cover stories: One about the undefeated Wichita State Shockers and one about Jabari Parker’s relationship with Coach K.
This is a big deal for a college basketball season that has been overrun with story lines. It’s rare that the sport will grace the front page of a national publication like SI outside the month of March — particularly when the Winter Olympics are going on — but here we are.
You can take a look at the covers below:
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)