Feb 19, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
The internet has had a massive effect on the way that people consume news nowadays.
The online side is taking over. Print media is a thing of the past, but that still doesn’t change the significance of being put on the cover of Sports Illustrated. That will always have meaning, and this week, SI released two different cover stories: One about the undefeated Wichita State Shockers and one about Jabari Parker’s relationship with Coach K.
This is a big deal for a college basketball season that has been overrun with story lines. It’s rare that the sport will grace the front page of a national publication like SI outside the month of March — particularly when the Winter Olympics are going on — but here we are.
You can take a look at the covers below:
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)