Feb 19, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
The internet has had a massive effect on the way that people consume news nowadays.
The online side is taking over. Print media is a thing of the past, but that still doesn’t change the significance of being put on the cover of Sports Illustrated. That will always have meaning, and this week, SI released two different cover stories: One about the undefeated Wichita State Shockers and one about Jabari Parker’s relationship with Coach K.
This is a big deal for a college basketball season that has been overrun with story lines. It’s rare that the sport will grace the front page of a national publication like SI outside the month of March — particularly when the Winter Olympics are going on — but here we are.
You can take a look at the covers below:
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 1
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)