Feb 19, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
The internet has had a massive effect on the way that people consume news nowadays.
The online side is taking over. Print media is a thing of the past, but that still doesn’t change the significance of being put on the cover of Sports Illustrated. That will always have meaning, and this week, SI released two different cover stories: One about the undefeated Wichita State Shockers and one about Jabari Parker’s relationship with Coach K.
This is a big deal for a college basketball season that has been overrun with story lines. It’s rare that the sport will grace the front page of a national publication like SI outside the month of March — particularly when the Winter Olympics are going on — but here we are.
You can take a look at the covers below:
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)