Feb 19, 2014, 2:26 PM EST
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 11 Creighton at Marquette, 8:00 p.m.
Marquette paid a visit to Omaha in Creighton’s first game as a member of the Big East, and they got smacked about by the Bluejays. The Golden Eagles have gone on to have a fairly-disappointing 2013-2014 campaign, but a recent hot streak has gotten them back into the NCAA tournament conversation. A win over Creighton would go a long way to ensuring that Buzz Williams’ guys aren’t doomed to the NIT.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: No. 23 UCLA at Cal, 10:30 p.m.
UCLA now looks like they’ve inherited the title of the second best team in the Pac-12, but every time a team takes over that title, they end up struggling. Kyle Anderson is quietly having one of the best seasons of anyone in the country, averaging 15.4 points 8.7 boards and 6.8 assists. How come no one is talking about this guy?
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 4 Arizona at Utah, 10:00 p.m.
Arizona is, quite simply, not the same team without Brandon Ashley. That much is obvious. Utah is a tough out this season, and playing at the altitude is never an easy thing to do. Also worth noting: Delon Wright might be the best player in the country that no one is talking about. He could end up being a first round NBA Draft pick before his career is over.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) No. 10 Saint Louis will visit George Mason tonight. The Patriots almost beat the Billikens in Saint Louis earlier this season. The game will be on the NBC Sports Network at 7:00 p.m.
2) Arizona State will be at Colorado tonight in a game that features two of the Pac-12′s hopeful tournament teams.
3) New Mexico and UNLV will square off tonight in a battle to determine who the second-best team in the Mountain West is. After a sluggish start, the Rebels have a glimmer of NCAA tournament hope. They can’t afford another loss, however.
4) No. 3 Wichita State will put their undefeated record on the line tonight at Loyola (IL).
5) No. 1 Syracuse will do the same as they host BC
- Auburn at No. 2 Florida, 7:00 p.m.
- No. 7 Cincinnat at UCF, 7:00 p.m.
- Northwestern at No. 24 Ohio State, 7:00 p.m.
- American at Boston U., 7:00 p.m.
- Houston at SMU, 8:00 p.m.
- Mississippi State at LSU, 8:00 p.m.
- Vanderbilt at Missouri, 8:00 p.m.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)