Feb 19, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Wyoming knocked off Fresno State at home on Tuesday night, but the win wasn’t the big story of the night.
Star forward Larry Nance Jr. went down with a knee injury. On Wednesday morning, Nance underwent an MRI. According to ESPN.com’s Andy Katz, that MRI revealed a torn ACL, ending Nance’s season.
The injury occurred with 14:51 left in the second half. Nance had already scored 17 points on the night.
Nance was Wyoming’s leading scorer (15.4 ppg), rebounder (8.6 rpg) and shot-blocker (2.1 bpg), and losing him for an extended period of time will be a massive blow to a team that is now 8-5 in the Mountain West but that has struggled to score points at times this season.
(Photo: AP Photo/Casper Star-Tribune, Ryan Dorgan)
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)