Feb 19, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Wyoming knocked off Fresno State at home on Tuesday night, but the win wasn’t the big story of the night.
Star forward Larry Nance Jr. went down with a knee injury. On Wednesday morning, Nance underwent an MRI. According to ESPN.com’s Andy Katz, that MRI revealed a torn ACL, ending Nance’s season.
The injury occurred with 14:51 left in the second half. Nance had already scored 17 points on the night.
Nance was Wyoming’s leading scorer (15.4 ppg), rebounder (8.6 rpg) and shot-blocker (2.1 bpg), and losing him for an extended period of time will be a massive blow to a team that is now 8-5 in the Mountain West but that has struggled to score points at times this season.
(Photo: AP Photo/Casper Star-Tribune, Ryan Dorgan)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)