Feb 19, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Wyoming knocked off Fresno State at home on Tuesday night, but the win wasn’t the big story of the night.
Star forward Larry Nance Jr. went down with a knee injury. On Wednesday morning, Nance underwent an MRI. According to ESPN.com’s Andy Katz, that MRI revealed a torn ACL, ending Nance’s season.
The injury occurred with 14:51 left in the second half. Nance had already scored 17 points on the night.
Nance was Wyoming’s leading scorer (15.4 ppg), rebounder (8.6 rpg) and shot-blocker (2.1 bpg), and losing him for an extended period of time will be a massive blow to a team that is now 8-5 in the Mountain West but that has struggled to score points at times this season.
(Photo: AP Photo/Casper Star-Tribune, Ryan Dorgan)
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)