Feb 19, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Wyoming knocked off Fresno State at home on Tuesday night, but the win wasn’t the big story of the night.
Star forward Larry Nance Jr. went down with a knee injury. On Wednesday morning, Nance underwent an MRI. According to ESPN.com’s Andy Katz, that MRI revealed a torn ACL, ending Nance’s season.
The injury occurred with 14:51 left in the second half. Nance had already scored 17 points on the night.
Nance was Wyoming’s leading scorer (15.4 ppg), rebounder (8.6 rpg) and shot-blocker (2.1 bpg), and losing him for an extended period of time will be a massive blow to a team that is now 8-5 in the Mountain West but that has struggled to score points at times this season.
(Photo: AP Photo/Casper Star-Tribune, Ryan Dorgan)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (5)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)