Feb 19, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Wyoming knocked off Fresno State at home on Tuesday night, but the win wasn’t the big story of the night.
Star forward Larry Nance Jr. went down with a knee injury. On Wednesday morning, Nance underwent an MRI. According to ESPN.com’s Andy Katz, that MRI revealed a torn ACL, ending Nance’s season.
The injury occurred with 14:51 left in the second half. Nance had already scored 17 points on the night.
Nance was Wyoming’s leading scorer (15.4 ppg), rebounder (8.6 rpg) and shot-blocker (2.1 bpg), and losing him for an extended period of time will be a massive blow to a team that is now 8-5 in the Mountain West but that has struggled to score points at times this season.
(Photo: AP Photo/Casper Star-Tribune, Ryan Dorgan)
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 2
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)