Feb 20, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
The first season of the Jayson Gee era at Longwood hasn’t been as successful as he would like, with the Lancers sitting at 8-20 overall and 3-10 in Big South play. But there have been positives this season, one of which being the play of senior guard Tristan Carey.
Carey’s averaging 18.6 points and 6.4 rebounds per game this season, shooting 43.6% from the field and 41.4% from beyond the arc, and in Longwood’s 86-75 home loss to Radford on Wednesday night he tallied 18 points and 12 rebounds.
Carey produced a highlight-reel finish as well, dunking over Radford center Brandon Holcomb and completing the three-point play to pull Longwood to within a point with 3:04 remaining. Carey and his teammates will look to get back on the right track on Saturday, when they host High Point.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)