Feb 20, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
The first season of the Jayson Gee era at Longwood hasn’t been as successful as he would like, with the Lancers sitting at 8-20 overall and 3-10 in Big South play. But there have been positives this season, one of which being the play of senior guard Tristan Carey.
Carey’s averaging 18.6 points and 6.4 rebounds per game this season, shooting 43.6% from the field and 41.4% from beyond the arc, and in Longwood’s 86-75 home loss to Radford on Wednesday night he tallied 18 points and 12 rebounds.
Carey produced a highlight-reel finish as well, dunking over Radford center Brandon Holcomb and completing the three-point play to pull Longwood to within a point with 3:04 remaining. Carey and his teammates will look to get back on the right track on Saturday, when they host High Point.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (4)