Feb 20, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
The first season of the Jayson Gee era at Longwood hasn’t been as successful as he would like, with the Lancers sitting at 8-20 overall and 3-10 in Big South play. But there have been positives this season, one of which being the play of senior guard Tristan Carey.
Carey’s averaging 18.6 points and 6.4 rebounds per game this season, shooting 43.6% from the field and 41.4% from beyond the arc, and in Longwood’s 86-75 home loss to Radford on Wednesday night he tallied 18 points and 12 rebounds.
Carey produced a highlight-reel finish as well, dunking over Radford center Brandon Holcomb and completing the three-point play to pull Longwood to within a point with 3:04 remaining. Carey and his teammates will look to get back on the right track on Saturday, when they host High Point.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)