Feb 20, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
The first season of the Jayson Gee era at Longwood hasn’t been as successful as he would like, with the Lancers sitting at 8-20 overall and 3-10 in Big South play. But there have been positives this season, one of which being the play of senior guard Tristan Carey.
Carey’s averaging 18.6 points and 6.4 rebounds per game this season, shooting 43.6% from the field and 41.4% from beyond the arc, and in Longwood’s 86-75 home loss to Radford on Wednesday night he tallied 18 points and 12 rebounds.
Carey produced a highlight-reel finish as well, dunking over Radford center Brandon Holcomb and completing the three-point play to pull Longwood to within a point with 3:04 remaining. Carey and his teammates will look to get back on the right track on Saturday, when they host High Point.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)