Feb 20, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
The first season of the Jayson Gee era at Longwood hasn’t been as successful as he would like, with the Lancers sitting at 8-20 overall and 3-10 in Big South play. But there have been positives this season, one of which being the play of senior guard Tristan Carey.
Carey’s averaging 18.6 points and 6.4 rebounds per game this season, shooting 43.6% from the field and 41.4% from beyond the arc, and in Longwood’s 86-75 home loss to Radford on Wednesday night he tallied 18 points and 12 rebounds.
Carey produced a highlight-reel finish as well, dunking over Radford center Brandon Holcomb and completing the three-point play to pull Longwood to within a point with 3:04 remaining. Carey and his teammates will look to get back on the right track on Saturday, when they host High Point.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)