Feb 21, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
The matchup between No. 15 Iowa and Indiana, originally scheduled to be played on Tuesday night but postponed due to a piece of metal falling from the Assembly Hall ceiling, has been rescheduled for February 27. The news was first reported by Andy Katz of ESPN.com.
The news comes one day after engineers gave the Big Ten and administrators at both schools assurances that the building was safe and ready for use. The schools mutually agreed upon the new date, and in Iowa’s case the rescheduled game has resulted in another schedule change.
Iowa’s home game against Purdue, originally scheduled to be played on Saturday, March 1, has been moved to Sunday, March 2. That means Iowa will play three games in six days beginning with a game at Minnesota on Tuesday, an important stretch for a team that still has hopes of winning the Big Ten regular season title. Iowa (8-4 Big Ten) trails both Michigan State (11-3) and Michigan (10-3) by a game in the loss column, with those two teams meeting on Sunday afternoon.
As for Assembly Hall a women’s basketball game between Indiana and Michigan was played there on Wednesday night, with the school blocking off the section affected by the falling piece of metal.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 3
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)