Feb 21, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
The matchup between No. 15 Iowa and Indiana, originally scheduled to be played on Tuesday night but postponed due to a piece of metal falling from the Assembly Hall ceiling, has been rescheduled for February 27. The news was first reported by Andy Katz of ESPN.com.
The news comes one day after engineers gave the Big Ten and administrators at both schools assurances that the building was safe and ready for use. The schools mutually agreed upon the new date, and in Iowa’s case the rescheduled game has resulted in another schedule change.
Iowa’s home game against Purdue, originally scheduled to be played on Saturday, March 1, has been moved to Sunday, March 2. That means Iowa will play three games in six days beginning with a game at Minnesota on Tuesday, an important stretch for a team that still has hopes of winning the Big Ten regular season title. Iowa (8-4 Big Ten) trails both Michigan State (11-3) and Michigan (10-3) by a game in the loss column, with those two teams meeting on Sunday afternoon.
As for Assembly Hall a women’s basketball game between Indiana and Michigan was played there on Wednesday night, with the school blocking off the section affected by the falling piece of metal.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)