Feb 21, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
The matchup between No. 15 Iowa and Indiana, originally scheduled to be played on Tuesday night but postponed due to a piece of metal falling from the Assembly Hall ceiling, has been rescheduled for February 27. The news was first reported by Andy Katz of ESPN.com.
The news comes one day after engineers gave the Big Ten and administrators at both schools assurances that the building was safe and ready for use. The schools mutually agreed upon the new date, and in Iowa’s case the rescheduled game has resulted in another schedule change.
Iowa’s home game against Purdue, originally scheduled to be played on Saturday, March 1, has been moved to Sunday, March 2. That means Iowa will play three games in six days beginning with a game at Minnesota on Tuesday, an important stretch for a team that still has hopes of winning the Big Ten regular season title. Iowa (8-4 Big Ten) trails both Michigan State (11-3) and Michigan (10-3) by a game in the loss column, with those two teams meeting on Sunday afternoon.
As for Assembly Hall a women’s basketball game between Indiana and Michigan was played there on Wednesday night, with the school blocking off the section affected by the falling piece of metal.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)