Feb 22, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
No. 3 Wichita State has the longest win streak in the country, as they’re now 29-0 after blowing out Drake. But who has the second-longest win streak in the nation? That would be Brad Underwood’s Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, who have now won 22 games in a row.
And win number 22 (25th win overall) came in dramatic fashion, as Jacob Parker’s steal and dunk with three tenths of a second remaining gave the Lumberjacks a 70-68 win over Northwestern State. The Demons had Stephen F. Austin on the ropes for much of the game, shooting 57.8% from the field while limiting the Lumberjacks to 36.5%.
But turnovers proved to be an issue for Northwestern State, as they committed 21 with the Lumberjacks converting those miscues into 23 points. Stephen F. Austin’s now 14-0 in Southland play and has a three-game lead in the standings with four games remaining as a result of Saturday’s victory.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)