Feb 22, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
No. 3 Wichita State has the longest win streak in the country, as they’re now 29-0 after blowing out Drake. But who has the second-longest win streak in the nation? That would be Brad Underwood’s Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, who have now won 22 games in a row.
And win number 22 (25th win overall) came in dramatic fashion, as Jacob Parker’s steal and dunk with three tenths of a second remaining gave the Lumberjacks a 70-68 win over Northwestern State. The Demons had Stephen F. Austin on the ropes for much of the game, shooting 57.8% from the field while limiting the Lumberjacks to 36.5%.
But turnovers proved to be an issue for Northwestern State, as they committed 21 with the Lumberjacks converting those miscues into 23 points. Stephen F. Austin’s now 14-0 in Southland play and has a three-game lead in the standings with four games remaining as a result of Saturday’s victory.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)