Feb 22, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
No. 3 Wichita State has the longest win streak in the country, as they’re now 29-0 after blowing out Drake. But who has the second-longest win streak in the nation? That would be Brad Underwood’s Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, who have now won 22 games in a row.
And win number 22 (25th win overall) came in dramatic fashion, as Jacob Parker’s steal and dunk with three tenths of a second remaining gave the Lumberjacks a 70-68 win over Northwestern State. The Demons had Stephen F. Austin on the ropes for much of the game, shooting 57.8% from the field while limiting the Lumberjacks to 36.5%.
But turnovers proved to be an issue for Northwestern State, as they committed 21 with the Lumberjacks converting those miscues into 23 points. Stephen F. Austin’s now 14-0 in Southland play and has a three-game lead in the standings with four games remaining as a result of Saturday’s victory.
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)