Feb 22, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
No. 3 Wichita State has the longest win streak in the country, as they’re now 29-0 after blowing out Drake. But who has the second-longest win streak in the nation? That would be Brad Underwood’s Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, who have now won 22 games in a row.
And win number 22 (25th win overall) came in dramatic fashion, as Jacob Parker’s steal and dunk with three tenths of a second remaining gave the Lumberjacks a 70-68 win over Northwestern State. The Demons had Stephen F. Austin on the ropes for much of the game, shooting 57.8% from the field while limiting the Lumberjacks to 36.5%.
But turnovers proved to be an issue for Northwestern State, as they committed 21 with the Lumberjacks converting those miscues into 23 points. Stephen F. Austin’s now 14-0 in Southland play and has a three-game lead in the standings with four games remaining as a result of Saturday’s victory.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)