Feb 23, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
In case you were lacked television or Internet last night, you missed a controversial ending to a Syracuse-Duke game, which is becoming a theme in the new ACC rivalry.
With 10 seconds to play, C.J. Fair was called for an offensive foul and colliding with Rodney Hood. Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim was steaming over that call, which he believed was a block, and was ejected for his outburst toward the official. Since then, Internet memes have been made of the incident and the previously unbeaten Orange have lost two straight.
On Sunday morning, ESPN reported that the ACC will take no further action against the Syracuse coach following the Saturday night’s ejection.
It’s still an on-going debate as to whether it was a charge, or a block or whether or not Boeheim should have reacted the way he did, given that it was still a one-possession game with 10.4 second remaining.
Either way, Syracuse, which will lose its No. 1 spot on Monday, has dropped two consecutive games after rallying off 25 straight to begin the season, though Cuse had escaped in several close games leading up to this week. Now the Orange are in a position to not even finish in the top spot in the ACC standings.
Virginia is 14-1, a game and a half ahead of Cuse. The Cavaliers host the Orange on Saturday. Before Cuse travels to Charlottesville, it has to face Maryland on the road. Three of Syracuse’s four remaining games is on the road, concluding with a trip to Florida State on Mar. 9.
The Cavaliers, on the other hand, have had a mostly favorable schedule since leaving Pitt with a buzzer-beating victory on Feb. 2.
[h/t CBS Sports]
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)