Feb 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Derrick Marks scored all 13 of Boise State’s points in overtime, including a pull-up jumper from the foul line to put the Broncos up 91-90 with three seconds remaining in overtime.
Deville Smith had his game-winning shot at the buzzer for UNLV waved off after officials reviewed the play, giving Boise State the win and third place in the Mountain West Conference. Smith had the ball in his hand as time expired, though the light never appeared on the backboard.
Right call. Game of milliseconds. pic.twitter.com/jDHkFGd2Rk
— Zack Peters (@Petersz3) February 23, 2014
Let there be light!! pic.twitter.com/aE3uCGzFh0
— Taylor Bern (@TaylorBern) February 23, 2014
While the Rebels have currently lost two straight to a pair of the conference’s top teams, the Broncos have notched wins over New Mexico and UNLV, with a victory over Colorado State sandwiched in between.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)