Feb 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Derrick Marks scored all 13 of Boise State’s points in overtime, including a pull-up jumper from the foul line to put the Broncos up 91-90 with three seconds remaining in overtime.
Deville Smith had his game-winning shot at the buzzer for UNLV waved off after officials reviewed the play, giving Boise State the win and third place in the Mountain West Conference. Smith had the ball in his hand as time expired, though the light never appeared on the backboard.
Right call. Game of milliseconds. pic.twitter.com/jDHkFGd2Rk
— Zack Peters (@Petersz3) February 23, 2014
Let there be light!! pic.twitter.com/aE3uCGzFh0
— Taylor Bern (@TaylorBern) February 23, 2014
While the Rebels have currently lost two straight to a pair of the conference’s top teams, the Broncos have notched wins over New Mexico and UNLV, with a victory over Colorado State sandwiched in between.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)