Feb 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Derrick Marks scored all 13 of Boise State’s points in overtime, including a pull-up jumper from the foul line to put the Broncos up 91-90 with three seconds remaining in overtime.
Deville Smith had his game-winning shot at the buzzer for UNLV waved off after officials reviewed the play, giving Boise State the win and third place in the Mountain West Conference. Smith had the ball in his hand as time expired, though the light never appeared on the backboard.
Right call. Game of milliseconds. pic.twitter.com/jDHkFGd2Rk
— Zack Peters (@Petersz3) February 23, 2014
Let there be light!! pic.twitter.com/aE3uCGzFh0
— Taylor Bern (@TaylorBern) February 23, 2014
While the Rebels have currently lost two straight to a pair of the conference’s top teams, the Broncos have notched wins over New Mexico and UNLV, with a victory over Colorado State sandwiched in between.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)