Feb 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Derrick Marks scored all 13 of Boise State’s points in overtime, including a pull-up jumper from the foul line to put the Broncos up 91-90 with three seconds remaining in overtime.
Deville Smith had his game-winning shot at the buzzer for UNLV waved off after officials reviewed the play, giving Boise State the win and third place in the Mountain West Conference. Smith had the ball in his hand as time expired, though the light never appeared on the backboard.
Right call. Game of milliseconds. pic.twitter.com/jDHkFGd2Rk
— Zack Peters (@Petersz3) February 23, 2014
Let there be light!! pic.twitter.com/aE3uCGzFh0
— Taylor Bern (@TaylorBern) February 23, 2014
While the Rebels have currently lost two straight to a pair of the conference’s top teams, the Broncos have notched wins over New Mexico and UNLV, with a victory over Colorado State sandwiched in between.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)