Feb 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Derrick Marks scored all 13 of Boise State’s points in overtime, including a pull-up jumper from the foul line to put the Broncos up 91-90 with three seconds remaining in overtime.
Deville Smith had his game-winning shot at the buzzer for UNLV waved off after officials reviewed the play, giving Boise State the win and third place in the Mountain West Conference. Smith had the ball in his hand as time expired, though the light never appeared on the backboard.
Right call. Game of milliseconds. pic.twitter.com/jDHkFGd2Rk
— Zack Peters (@Petersz3) February 23, 2014
Let there be light!! pic.twitter.com/aE3uCGzFh0
— Taylor Bern (@TaylorBern) February 23, 2014
While the Rebels have currently lost two straight to a pair of the conference’s top teams, the Broncos have notched wins over New Mexico and UNLV, with a victory over Colorado State sandwiched in between.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)