Feb 24, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 4 Syracuse at Maryland, 7:00 p.m.
The Orange will take their two-game losing streak to College Park to take on a Maryland team that is one marquee win away from being back in the bubble conversation. This will be a test for the Orange. Just 48 hours ago, they were in Durham, dealing with being on the wrong end of a controversial call that got head coach Jim Boeheim tossed and ended a game that was still salvageable. How will Syracuse bounce back?
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: Oklahoma at No. 5 Kansas, 9:00 p.m.
Kansas is near-unbeatable in Phog Allen Fieldhouse. Oklahoma, however, is the kind of team that can beat them. The Sooners can spread the floor and pull the KU big men out of the paint. They can score with anyone in the country. But where the strength of this Kansas team lies is their size up front. How will Oklahoma handle Perry Ellis?
TWO THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) Marcus Smart will be making his second appearance since getting suspended as Oklahoma State heads to Fort Worth to take on TCU.
2) The top two teams in the SWAC square off as Southern visits Alabama State. A win would clinch a share of the league’s regular season title for the Jaguars.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)