Feb 24, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 4 Syracuse at Maryland, 7:00 p.m.
The Orange will take their two-game losing streak to College Park to take on a Maryland team that is one marquee win away from being back in the bubble conversation. This will be a test for the Orange. Just 48 hours ago, they were in Durham, dealing with being on the wrong end of a controversial call that got head coach Jim Boeheim tossed and ended a game that was still salvageable. How will Syracuse bounce back?
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: Oklahoma at No. 5 Kansas, 9:00 p.m.
Kansas is near-unbeatable in Phog Allen Fieldhouse. Oklahoma, however, is the kind of team that can beat them. The Sooners can spread the floor and pull the KU big men out of the paint. They can score with anyone in the country. But where the strength of this Kansas team lies is their size up front. How will Oklahoma handle Perry Ellis?
TWO THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) Marcus Smart will be making his second appearance since getting suspended as Oklahoma State heads to Fort Worth to take on TCU.
2) The top two teams in the SWAC square off as Southern visits Alabama State. A win would clinch a share of the league’s regular season title for the Jaguars.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)