Feb 24, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 4 Syracuse at Maryland, 7:00 p.m.
The Orange will take their two-game losing streak to College Park to take on a Maryland team that is one marquee win away from being back in the bubble conversation. This will be a test for the Orange. Just 48 hours ago, they were in Durham, dealing with being on the wrong end of a controversial call that got head coach Jim Boeheim tossed and ended a game that was still salvageable. How will Syracuse bounce back?
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: Oklahoma at No. 5 Kansas, 9:00 p.m.
Kansas is near-unbeatable in Phog Allen Fieldhouse. Oklahoma, however, is the kind of team that can beat them. The Sooners can spread the floor and pull the KU big men out of the paint. They can score with anyone in the country. But where the strength of this Kansas team lies is their size up front. How will Oklahoma handle Perry Ellis?
TWO THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) Marcus Smart will be making his second appearance since getting suspended as Oklahoma State heads to Fort Worth to take on TCU.
2) The top two teams in the SWAC square off as Southern visits Alabama State. A win would clinch a share of the league’s regular season title for the Jaguars.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)