Feb 24, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 4 Syracuse at Maryland, 7:00 p.m.
The Orange will take their two-game losing streak to College Park to take on a Maryland team that is one marquee win away from being back in the bubble conversation. This will be a test for the Orange. Just 48 hours ago, they were in Durham, dealing with being on the wrong end of a controversial call that got head coach Jim Boeheim tossed and ended a game that was still salvageable. How will Syracuse bounce back?
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: Oklahoma at No. 5 Kansas, 9:00 p.m.
Kansas is near-unbeatable in Phog Allen Fieldhouse. Oklahoma, however, is the kind of team that can beat them. The Sooners can spread the floor and pull the KU big men out of the paint. They can score with anyone in the country. But where the strength of this Kansas team lies is their size up front. How will Oklahoma handle Perry Ellis?
TWO THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) Marcus Smart will be making his second appearance since getting suspended as Oklahoma State heads to Fort Worth to take on TCU.
2) The top two teams in the SWAC square off as Southern visits Alabama State. A win would clinch a share of the league’s regular season title for the Jaguars.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)