Feb 24, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Wyoming has suspended Charles Hankerson indefinitely, head coach Larry Shyatt announced on Monday afternoon.
A 6-foot-4 junior guard, Hankerson was averaging 5.1 points and 1.3 rebounds in just over 17 minutes this season.
No reason was given for the suspension, and Shyatt said that the team will have no further comment.
This is rough timing for the Cowboys, as they are less than a week removed from losing star forward Larry Nance Jr. for the season with a torn ACL.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)