Feb 24, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Wyoming has suspended Charles Hankerson indefinitely, head coach Larry Shyatt announced on Monday afternoon.
A 6-foot-4 junior guard, Hankerson was averaging 5.1 points and 1.3 rebounds in just over 17 minutes this season.
No reason was given for the suspension, and Shyatt said that the team will have no further comment.
This is rough timing for the Cowboys, as they are less than a week removed from losing star forward Larry Nance Jr. for the season with a torn ACL.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 2
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)