Feb 24, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Wyoming has suspended Charles Hankerson indefinitely, head coach Larry Shyatt announced on Monday afternoon.
A 6-foot-4 junior guard, Hankerson was averaging 5.1 points and 1.3 rebounds in just over 17 minutes this season.
No reason was given for the suspension, and Shyatt said that the team will have no further comment.
This is rough timing for the Cowboys, as they are less than a week removed from losing star forward Larry Nance Jr. for the season with a torn ACL.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (77)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)