Feb 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 20 Iowa at Minnesota, 7:00 p.m.
Minnesota’s running out of chances if they want to earn an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament. Tonight’s matchup with Iowa would be a great opportunity to pick up a marquee and start getting themselves headed in the right direction.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: Xavier at St. John’s, 7:00 p.m.
This might be the most important bubble game of the night. Xavier has struggled of late, putting themselves in a position where they could end up missing the NCAA tournament. St. John’s has won nine of their last 11 games, but they dug themselves a big enough hole that they are still climbing their way out of it.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) No. 2 Wichita State will be paying a visit to Bradley at 9:00 p.m. tonight, the last time that the Shockers will play a road game this season.
2) No. 1 Florida will be on the road as well, heading to Nashville to take on Vanderbilt.
3) Indiana is trying to salvage their season as they pay a visit to the Kohl Center to take on No. 14 Wisconsin.
4) A pair of ranked Mountain West teams will be in action tonight, as Utah State pays a visit to No. 25 New Mexico and San Jose State heads south to pay a visit to No. 13 San Diego State.
5) Virginia Tech will pay a visit to No. 6 Duke.
- Clemson at Wake Forest, 7:00 p.m.
- Kansas State at Texas Tech, 7:00 p.m.
- Dayton at Saint Joseph’s, 7:00 p.m.
- Missouri at Georgia, 9:00 p.m.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)