Feb 26, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
The 2013-14 season isn’t finished for the DePaul Blue Demons, but on Wednesday the school made an official announcement in regards to its schedule for the 2014-15 campaign. DePaul will participate in the Diamond Head Classic in December, becoming the seventh team in the field.
DePaul, currently 11-18 overall and 3-13 in Big East play, joins host Hawaii, Colorado, George Washington, Nebraska, Ohio and Wichita State in the field with the eighth team to be named at a later date. The games will be played on December 22, 23 and 25, 2014.
The Blue Demons, who snapped their ten-game losing streak with a win over Seton Hall on Tuesday night, are expected to return key contributors Billy Garrett Jr. and Tommy Hamilton IV next season. Garrett, averaging 12.4 ppg and 3.2 apg, has been one of the Big East’s best freshmen and a bright spot for a program that’s once again struggling to make progress.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)