Feb 26, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The 2013-14 season isn’t finished for the DePaul Blue Demons, but on Wednesday the school made an official announcement in regards to its schedule for the 2014-15 campaign. DePaul will participate in the Diamond Head Classic in December, becoming the seventh team in the field.
DePaul, currently 11-18 overall and 3-13 in Big East play, joins host Hawaii, Colorado, George Washington, Nebraska, Ohio and Wichita State in the field with the eighth team to be named at a later date. The games will be played on December 22, 23 and 25, 2014.
The Blue Demons, who snapped their ten-game losing streak with a win over Seton Hall on Tuesday night, are expected to return key contributors Billy Garrett Jr. and Tommy Hamilton IV next season. Garrett, averaging 12.4 ppg and 3.2 apg, has been one of the Big East’s best freshmen and a bright spot for a program that’s once again struggling to make progress.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)