Feb 26, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
The 2013-14 season isn’t finished for the DePaul Blue Demons, but on Wednesday the school made an official announcement in regards to its schedule for the 2014-15 campaign. DePaul will participate in the Diamond Head Classic in December, becoming the seventh team in the field.
DePaul, currently 11-18 overall and 3-13 in Big East play, joins host Hawaii, Colorado, George Washington, Nebraska, Ohio and Wichita State in the field with the eighth team to be named at a later date. The games will be played on December 22, 23 and 25, 2014.
The Blue Demons, who snapped their ten-game losing streak with a win over Seton Hall on Tuesday night, are expected to return key contributors Billy Garrett Jr. and Tommy Hamilton IV next season. Garrett, averaging 12.4 ppg and 3.2 apg, has been one of the Big East’s best freshmen and a bright spot for a program that’s once again struggling to make progress.
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)