Feb 26, 2014, 6:56 PM EST
As part of a five-team logjam at 7-7 in the SEC standings, Ole Miss is hopeful that in their last four regular season games they’ll be able to set themselves apart from the pack despite entering Wednesday on a four-game losing streak. Andy Kennedy’s team hosts Alabama on Wednesday night, and they’ll do so without the services of one member of their backcourt rotation.
Wednesday afternoon it was announced that Kennedy has suspended sophomore guard Derrick Millinghaus indefinitely for a violation of team ruled. Millinghaus, who averaged 5.3 points per game as a freshman, is playing 19.5 minutes and accounting for 7.2 points and 2.4 assists per game this season.
After getting off to a good start in SEC play, averaging 15.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game in wins over Auburn and Mississippi State in early January, Millinghaus hasn’t been as effective in his role. In the 12 SEC games that followed Millinghaus averaged 2.3 points and 1.9 assists per game.
Ole Miss does lose a body in its backcourt as a result of Millinghaus’ suspension, but as long as the trio of Marshall Henderson, Jarvis Summer and LaDarius White remains available they should be fine.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (19)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)