Feb 26, 2014, 6:56 PM EST
As part of a five-team logjam at 7-7 in the SEC standings, Ole Miss is hopeful that in their last four regular season games they’ll be able to set themselves apart from the pack despite entering Wednesday on a four-game losing streak. Andy Kennedy’s team hosts Alabama on Wednesday night, and they’ll do so without the services of one member of their backcourt rotation.
Wednesday afternoon it was announced that Kennedy has suspended sophomore guard Derrick Millinghaus indefinitely for a violation of team ruled. Millinghaus, who averaged 5.3 points per game as a freshman, is playing 19.5 minutes and accounting for 7.2 points and 2.4 assists per game this season.
After getting off to a good start in SEC play, averaging 15.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game in wins over Auburn and Mississippi State in early January, Millinghaus hasn’t been as effective in his role. In the 12 SEC games that followed Millinghaus averaged 2.3 points and 1.9 assists per game.
Ole Miss does lose a body in its backcourt as a result of Millinghaus’ suspension, but as long as the trio of Marshall Henderson, Jarvis Summer and LaDarius White remains available they should be fine.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 2
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)