Feb 26, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
You may not be paying attention to it this season, but UConn’s women’s team is straight mollywhopping anyone that they come across. They’re 29-0, with all 29 wins coming by double-figures and only one by less than 17 points.
Their best player is a 6-foot-4 sophomore named Breanna Stewart, who is well on her way to becoming the next Husky legend. She’s already won five gold medals for Team USA, a Final Four MOP and is currently averaging 19.4 points and 8.0 boards as a 19-year old.
Oh, and did I mention she can dunk like it’s nothing?
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)