Feb 27, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Michigan State got one step closer to being back to full strength on Thursday.
Branden Dawson is almost back to 100%. He got the pins removed from his hand over the weekend and practiced with the team a bit on Tuesday and Wednesday. Izzo told reporters on Thursday that at tonight’s practice, Dawson will take part in 90% of it.
He’s gonna play with a little bit of a brace on that doesn’t seem like it affects a lot of things, but it still is there,” Izzo said. “How much I play him, I have no clue. I might know a little more today and tomorrow.”
It will be the first time in almost two months that the Spartans will be at full strength in practice. And if Dawson is able to suit up on Saturday, as expected, it will be the first time since January 4th against Indiana that the Spartans will have everyone available. Dawson missed nine games, and Michigan State went 4-5 during that stretch.
The question now?
How long will it take for everyone that’s available to get back to 100%?
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0