Feb 27, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Michigan State got one step closer to being back to full strength on Thursday.
Branden Dawson is almost back to 100%. He got the pins removed from his hand over the weekend and practiced with the team a bit on Tuesday and Wednesday. Izzo told reporters on Thursday that at tonight’s practice, Dawson will take part in 90% of it.
He’s gonna play with a little bit of a brace on that doesn’t seem like it affects a lot of things, but it still is there,” Izzo said. “How much I play him, I have no clue. I might know a little more today and tomorrow.”
It will be the first time in almost two months that the Spartans will be at full strength in practice. And if Dawson is able to suit up on Saturday, as expected, it will be the first time since January 4th against Indiana that the Spartans will have everyone available. Dawson missed nine games, and Michigan State went 4-5 during that stretch.
The question now?
How long will it take for everyone that’s available to get back to 100%?
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)