Feb 27, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Michigan State got one step closer to being back to full strength on Thursday.
Branden Dawson is almost back to 100%. He got the pins removed from his hand over the weekend and practiced with the team a bit on Tuesday and Wednesday. Izzo told reporters on Thursday that at tonight’s practice, Dawson will take part in 90% of it.
He’s gonna play with a little bit of a brace on that doesn’t seem like it affects a lot of things, but it still is there,” Izzo said. “How much I play him, I have no clue. I might know a little more today and tomorrow.”
It will be the first time in almost two months that the Spartans will be at full strength in practice. And if Dawson is able to suit up on Saturday, as expected, it will be the first time since January 4th against Indiana that the Spartans will have everyone available. Dawson missed nine games, and Michigan State went 4-5 during that stretch.
The question now?
How long will it take for everyone that’s available to get back to 100%?
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)