Feb 27, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Michigan State got one step closer to being back to full strength on Thursday.
Branden Dawson is almost back to 100%. He got the pins removed from his hand over the weekend and practiced with the team a bit on Tuesday and Wednesday. Izzo told reporters on Thursday that at tonight’s practice, Dawson will take part in 90% of it.
He’s gonna play with a little bit of a brace on that doesn’t seem like it affects a lot of things, but it still is there,” Izzo said. “How much I play him, I have no clue. I might know a little more today and tomorrow.”
It will be the first time in almost two months that the Spartans will be at full strength in practice. And if Dawson is able to suit up on Saturday, as expected, it will be the first time since January 4th against Indiana that the Spartans will have everyone available. Dawson missed nine games, and Michigan State went 4-5 during that stretch.
The question now?
How long will it take for everyone that’s available to get back to 100%?
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)