Feb 27, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Michigan State got one step closer to being back to full strength on Thursday.
Branden Dawson is almost back to 100%. He got the pins removed from his hand over the weekend and practiced with the team a bit on Tuesday and Wednesday. Izzo told reporters on Thursday that at tonight’s practice, Dawson will take part in 90% of it.
He’s gonna play with a little bit of a brace on that doesn’t seem like it affects a lot of things, but it still is there,” Izzo said. “How much I play him, I have no clue. I might know a little more today and tomorrow.”
It will be the first time in almost two months that the Spartans will be at full strength in practice. And if Dawson is able to suit up on Saturday, as expected, it will be the first time since January 4th against Indiana that the Spartans will have everyone available. Dawson missed nine games, and Michigan State went 4-5 during that stretch.
The question now?
How long will it take for everyone that’s available to get back to 100%?
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 1
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)