Feb 28, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
Mike Martin is continuing another strong year with his alma mater, as the Brown Bears lead the entire game, defeating Penn, 76-67, inside The Palestra on Friday night.
Steven Spieth scored 19 points and corralled 12 rebounds. Cedric Kuakumensah recorded the second double-double for Brown with 16 points, 10 boards. Brown grabbed 12 more rebounds than Penn and six more offensive boards.
Martin, the second-year head coach matches his conference win total from a season ago, and has his Bears in a tie for third place in the Ivy League standings with Columbia. The Bears and Lions split their two meetings this season.
The Bears have a quick turnaround, traveling to Princeton on Saturday evening. Next week Brown ends with Dartmouth and Harvard. The Crimson can clinch the Ivy League title this weekend with a win and a Yale loss.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (43)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)