Feb 28, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
Mike Martin is continuing another strong year with his alma mater, as the Brown Bears lead the entire game, defeating Penn, 76-67, inside The Palestra on Friday night.
Steven Spieth scored 19 points and corralled 12 rebounds. Cedric Kuakumensah recorded the second double-double for Brown with 16 points, 10 boards. Brown grabbed 12 more rebounds than Penn and six more offensive boards.
Martin, the second-year head coach matches his conference win total from a season ago, and has his Bears in a tie for third place in the Ivy League standings with Columbia. The Bears and Lions split their two meetings this season.
The Bears have a quick turnaround, traveling to Princeton on Saturday evening. Next week Brown ends with Dartmouth and Harvard. The Crimson can clinch the Ivy League title this weekend with a win and a Yale loss.
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)