Mar 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Malik Newman might be the best high school scorer in the country, as the 6-foot-3 guard from Jackson, Mississippi was prolific at putting the ball in the basket last spring and summer.
Newman has continued his strong play into his junior season as the Callaway High School guard threw down this vicious dunk on a defender that just should have known better.
Rivals considers Newman the No. 1 junior in the country and the guard averaged a league-leading 24.7 points per game to go along with 5.9 rebounds in the Nike EYBL last year playing mostly against players that were a year older than him.
The video comes courtesy of City League Hoops TV and Newman should have plenty more highlight-reel plays as we near his final spring and summer on the grassroots circuit.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)