Mar 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Malik Newman might be the best high school scorer in the country, as the 6-foot-3 guard from Jackson, Mississippi was prolific at putting the ball in the basket last spring and summer.
Newman has continued his strong play into his junior season as the Callaway High School guard threw down this vicious dunk on a defender that just should have known better.
Rivals considers Newman the No. 1 junior in the country and the guard averaged a league-leading 24.7 points per game to go along with 5.9 rebounds in the Nike EYBL last year playing mostly against players that were a year older than him.
The video comes courtesy of City League Hoops TV and Newman should have plenty more highlight-reel plays as we near his final spring and summer on the grassroots circuit.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)