Mar 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Malik Newman might be the best high school scorer in the country, as the 6-foot-3 guard from Jackson, Mississippi was prolific at putting the ball in the basket last spring and summer.
Newman has continued his strong play into his junior season as the Callaway High School guard threw down this vicious dunk on a defender that just should have known better.
Rivals considers Newman the No. 1 junior in the country and the guard averaged a league-leading 24.7 points per game to go along with 5.9 rebounds in the Nike EYBL last year playing mostly against players that were a year older than him.
The video comes courtesy of City League Hoops TV and Newman should have plenty more highlight-reel plays as we near his final spring and summer on the grassroots circuit.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)