Mar 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Malik Newman might be the best high school scorer in the country, as the 6-foot-3 guard from Jackson, Mississippi was prolific at putting the ball in the basket last spring and summer.
Newman has continued his strong play into his junior season as the Callaway High School guard threw down this vicious dunk on a defender that just should have known better.
Rivals considers Newman the No. 1 junior in the country and the guard averaged a league-leading 24.7 points per game to go along with 5.9 rebounds in the Nike EYBL last year playing mostly against players that were a year older than him.
The video comes courtesy of City League Hoops TV and Newman should have plenty more highlight-reel plays as we near his final spring and summer on the grassroots circuit.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 0
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)