Mar 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Malik Newman might be the best high school scorer in the country, as the 6-foot-3 guard from Jackson, Mississippi was prolific at putting the ball in the basket last spring and summer.
Newman has continued his strong play into his junior season as the Callaway High School guard threw down this vicious dunk on a defender that just should have known better.
Rivals considers Newman the No. 1 junior in the country and the guard averaged a league-leading 24.7 points per game to go along with 5.9 rebounds in the Nike EYBL last year playing mostly against players that were a year older than him.
The video comes courtesy of City League Hoops TV and Newman should have plenty more highlight-reel plays as we near his final spring and summer on the grassroots circuit.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)