Mar 2, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
Will Sheehey followed up a 30-point performance in the win over Iowa with 19 points, six boards and four steals and Yogi Ferrell finished with 20 points as Indiana knocked off their second straight ranked team, beating No. 22 Ohio State 72-64.
It sets up an interesting situation for the Hoosiers.
Hypothetically speaking, let’s say the Hoosiers beat Nebraska at home and Michigan on the road in their final two regular season games. If that happens, we’ll be looking at a team with four top 20 wins, five top 50 wins and eight top 100 wins. Those four sub-100 losses are ugly, and the fact that Indiana did bupkis in the non-conference is a red flag, but given how weak the bubble is, that’s a resume that has to be in the conversation.
A 9-9 finish in the Big Ten would probably get Indiana to sixth seed in the Big Ten tournament, meaning that a win over one of the league’s bottom-feeders would give the Hoosiers another shot at either Michigan State or Wisconsin. That’s still a long way away, but if Indiana makes it to the semifinals of the Big Ten tournament, that might be enough to earn a bid.
That feat doesn’t look quite as crazy after Sunday. Indiana beat an Ohio State team that matches up exceptionally well with them despite playing without star freshman Noah Vonleh, whose battling a foot issue.
Indiana started the afternoon 4-for-16 from the floor with seven turnovers in the first 12 minutes, scoring 60 points in the final 28 minutes against the Buckeyes’ stout defense, getting driving lane and creating open threes.
And while that’s a positive for Indiana, it’s just as big of a concern for Ohio State. They are not a ver good team offensively. They can really struggle to score at times, meaning that they need to be good defensively if they are going to do any damage in March.
They weren’t good defensively on Sunday.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
Elijah Bryant will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
The Arkansas forward was charged with one count of forgery last week.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The three-star forward failed to qualify earlier this month.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
Bobby Hurley off to a good start in his new gig in Tempe.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Tai Wynyard of New Zealand is the only commit currently in Kentucky’s Class of 2016.
Jul 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
John Beilein gets his third commitment for 2016.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
If you can do things like this, you can play for Duke or Kentucky.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
The accusations against him include burner phones, hiding IP addresses and his mother’s cell.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
Don’t jump, kid!!!!!!
Jul 28, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
Abrams was projected as the starting point guard for Illinois.
Jul 28, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
The Bulldogs aren’t guaranteed to play a top 25 team until SEC play.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
He is talented, just don’t call him the next Kevin Durant.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Will Wade will have a beautiful facility to recruit to.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
First career 3-pointer for Jones?
Jul 27, 2015, 8:12 PM EDT
Potentially four top-25 teams will be in the 2015 field.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:51 PM EDT
Scott averaged 15.7 points per game for Grambling during the 2013-14 season.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT
The former Big Ten Player of the Year (inaccurately) trolls Ohio State fans
Jul 27, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
It’s pretty obvious why people like Porter.
Jul 27, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
Gabriel was the biggest stock riser for the month.
Jul 27, 2015, 1:51 PM EDT
Denzel Valentine and Taurean Waller-Prince also played well in stretches.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)