Mar 2, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
On the first day of the month, Florida Gulf Coast looked liked it was in mid-March form early in the second half of its game against Northern Kentucky.
Dajuan Graf missed a mid-range jumper. A ball screen to get Graf the open look caused some rotations in NKU’s defense, leaving Bernard Thompson alone at the top of the key.
Thompson got a running start and threw down a putback dunk over a Norse defender, putting the Eagles up 60-39 with 15:45 remaining. Florida Gulf Coast cruised to a 92-72 conference win as he finished with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
Dunk City is tied for first place in the Atlantic Sun with Mercer with one game remaining in the regular season.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)