Mar 2, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
After falling 65-49 at Saint Louis on February 5 the Saint Joseph’s Hawks had a 5-3 record in Atlantic 10 play and the look of a team that while solid would not be a contender for the conference title. Since that defeat the Hawks have won six straight games, with the most recent result being an 83-74 win at St. Bonaventure on Saturday afternoon. And with Saint Louis’ loss at VCU, Phil Martelli’s team is just a game out of first place with two games left to play.
Saint Joseph’s shot 54% from the field and 21-for-24 from the foul line, with their proficiency from the charity stripe and from two (70.3% shooting on two-pointers) helping the Hawks win despite committing 16 turnovers. Langston Galloway led four Hawks in double figures with 27 points to go along with eight rebounds and four assists, with freshman DeAndre Bembry adding 18 and Ronald Roberts Jr. 15.
Matthew Wright led four Bonnies in double figures with 18 points. Saint Joseph’s closes out the regular season with games against George Washington and Big 5 rival La Salle, and their Atlantic 10 title hopes remain intact.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)