Mar 3, 2014, 6:36 PM EST
Florida State picked up a commitment from the junior college ranks on Monday afternoon as the Seminoles took a commitment from 6-foot-5 wing Kedar Edwards, according to Cavan Walsh of Chicago Hoops.
Edwards currently plays for State Fair Community College in Missouri and is averaging 16.2 points and 7.8 rebounds per contest. State Fair recently qualified for the National Tournament in Hutchinson, Kansas after winning the Region XVI title.
Walsh also reports that Edwards was receiving interest from DePaul, Iona, Oklahoma, South Alabama and Southern Miss.
A native of Brooklyn, New York, Edwards went to West Oaks Academy in Orlando and has three years of eligibility left for the Seminoles.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)