Mar 3, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
Florida State picked up a commitment from the junior college ranks on Monday afternoon as the Seminoles took a commitment from 6-foot-5 wing Kedar Edwards, according to Cavan Walsh of Chicago Hoops.
Edwards currently plays for State Fair Community College in Missouri and is averaging 16.2 points and 7.8 rebounds per contest. State Fair recently qualified for the National Tournament in Hutchinson, Kansas after winning the Region XVI title.
Walsh also reports that Edwards was receiving interest from DePaul, Iona, Oklahoma, South Alabama and Southern Miss.
A native of Brooklyn, New York, Edwards went to West Oaks Academy in Orlando and has three years of eligibility left for the Seminoles.
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 1
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Maryland transfer eligible this season at Georgia Tech (3)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)