Mar 3, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
Florida State picked up a commitment from the junior college ranks on Monday afternoon as the Seminoles took a commitment from 6-foot-5 wing Kedar Edwards, according to Cavan Walsh of Chicago Hoops.
Edwards currently plays for State Fair Community College in Missouri and is averaging 16.2 points and 7.8 rebounds per contest. State Fair recently qualified for the National Tournament in Hutchinson, Kansas after winning the Region XVI title.
Walsh also reports that Edwards was receiving interest from DePaul, Iona, Oklahoma, South Alabama and Southern Miss.
A native of Brooklyn, New York, Edwards went to West Oaks Academy in Orlando and has three years of eligibility left for the Seminoles.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)