Mar 3, 2014, 6:36 PM EST
Florida State picked up a commitment from the junior college ranks on Monday afternoon as the Seminoles took a commitment from 6-foot-5 wing Kedar Edwards, according to Cavan Walsh of Chicago Hoops.
Edwards currently plays for State Fair Community College in Missouri and is averaging 16.2 points and 7.8 rebounds per contest. State Fair recently qualified for the National Tournament in Hutchinson, Kansas after winning the Region XVI title.
Walsh also reports that Edwards was receiving interest from DePaul, Iona, Oklahoma, South Alabama and Southern Miss.
A native of Brooklyn, New York, Edwards went to West Oaks Academy in Orlando and has three years of eligibility left for the Seminoles.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 9
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (10)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)