Mar 3, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
Florida State picked up a commitment from the junior college ranks on Monday afternoon as the Seminoles took a commitment from 6-foot-5 wing Kedar Edwards, according to Cavan Walsh of Chicago Hoops.
Edwards currently plays for State Fair Community College in Missouri and is averaging 16.2 points and 7.8 rebounds per contest. State Fair recently qualified for the National Tournament in Hutchinson, Kansas after winning the Region XVI title.
Walsh also reports that Edwards was receiving interest from DePaul, Iona, Oklahoma, South Alabama and Southern Miss.
A native of Brooklyn, New York, Edwards went to West Oaks Academy in Orlando and has three years of eligibility left for the Seminoles.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1