Mar 3, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
The Louisville Cardinals added to its already large 2014 recruiting class on Monday afternoon as Egyptian 7-foot-2 center Anas Osama Mahmoud gave a commitment to head coach Rick Pitino.
Mahmoud is currently attending West Oaks Academy in Orlando, Florida and is averaging 17 points, 12 rebounds and 3.5 blocked shots per game.
The news of Mahmoud’s commitment was first reported by Jody Demling of Scout.com’s Cardinal Authority.
Mahmoud picked Louisville over Auburn, Georgia Tech, Florida and Minnesota, per Demling, and he joins a Louisville class that already features point guard Quentin Snider, wing Shaqquan Aaron, forward Jaylen Johnson, center Chinanu Onuaku and center Matz Stockman.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0