Mar 3, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Kansas State at Oklahoma State, 9:00 p.m.
The Wildcats pay a visit to Oklahoma State tonight. The Pokes have come back strong after losing seven straight games, with Saturday’s win over Kansas pushing them onto the right side of the bubble. A loss at home to a Kansas State team that doesn’t beat anyone on the road would be a killer, however.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: N.C. State at Pittsburgh, 9:00 p.m.
Barring a miracle down the stretch of the season, N.C. State is already on the wrong side of the bubble. They pay a visit to Pitt on Monday night, a team in desperate need of a win to avoid falling closer to the bubble’s cutline.
FOUR OTHER THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) March Madness begins tonight with the first round of the Patriot League tournament.
2) The only ranked team taking the court tonight is No. 14 North Carolina, who will be hosting Notre Dame. The Tar Heels are strictly playing for seeding at this point. The Irish? They’re playing for seeding in the NIT.
3) The biggest bubble game of the night will be Xavier’s trip to New Jersey to take on Seton Hall.
4) Keep an eye on North Carolina-Central, who is 23-5 and 13-1 in the MEAC with a win at N.C. State this season.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)
- Two new regular season college hoops events headed to Vegas (1)