Mar 3, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tennessee-Martin has fired head coach Jason James.
James, who has been in the position for five season after taking over for Brad Campbell in 2009, just finished an 8-23 season. The Seahawks went 3-13 in OVC play and missed out on the league tournament.
“I would like to personally thank Coach James for his 12 years of service to the UT Martin men’s basketball program,” UT-Martin Athletics Director Julio Freire said. “He conducted the program with the highest degree of integrity. This was a tough decision to make. I took a hard look at how the program has developed over Coach James’ five years as the head coach from several different angles – recruiting, player development, postseason success, in short – the comprehensive success of the program. In the end, I felt that I needed to recommend to Chancellor Rakes that we move in a new direction. It is my responsibility to provide our student-athletes with the best opportunities to reach their fullest potential academically, athletically and socially.”
It was the fifth season for James, who was 37-117 in his tenure.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)