Mar 3, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tennessee-Martin has fired head coach Jason James.
James, who has been in the position for five season after taking over for Brad Campbell in 2009, just finished an 8-23 season. The Seahawks went 3-13 in OVC play and missed out on the league tournament.
“I would like to personally thank Coach James for his 12 years of service to the UT Martin men’s basketball program,” UT-Martin Athletics Director Julio Freire said. “He conducted the program with the highest degree of integrity. This was a tough decision to make. I took a hard look at how the program has developed over Coach James’ five years as the head coach from several different angles – recruiting, player development, postseason success, in short – the comprehensive success of the program. In the end, I felt that I needed to recommend to Chancellor Rakes that we move in a new direction. It is my responsibility to provide our student-athletes with the best opportunities to reach their fullest potential academically, athletically and socially.”
It was the fifth season for James, who was 37-117 in his tenure.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)