Mar 4, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Dan Patrick had an interesting take on John Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats this morning on the DP Show.
He doesn’t think that Coach Cal will last that much longer at Kentucky. The frustration of dealing with a brand new team each and every season, and the stress that struggling puts on him, is more than he wants to handle, or so says Patrick.
I don’t necessarily agree with it all, but where Patrick is correct in that Kentucky’s team this season is spoiled. The pieces don’t fit together — there are too many guys that need the ball in their hands to be effective, too many egos to accept being a role players — and that’s on Cal. He recruited them, and he couldn’t get them to buy in.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)