Mar 4, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Dan Patrick had an interesting take on John Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats this morning on the DP Show.
He doesn’t think that Coach Cal will last that much longer at Kentucky. The frustration of dealing with a brand new team each and every season, and the stress that struggling puts on him, is more than he wants to handle, or so says Patrick.
I don’t necessarily agree with it all, but where Patrick is correct in that Kentucky’s team this season is spoiled. The pieces don’t fit together — there are too many guys that need the ball in their hands to be effective, too many egos to accept being a role players — and that’s on Cal. He recruited them, and he couldn’t get them to buy in.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)