Mar 4, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Dan Patrick had an interesting take on John Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats this morning on the DP Show.
He doesn’t think that Coach Cal will last that much longer at Kentucky. The frustration of dealing with a brand new team each and every season, and the stress that struggling puts on him, is more than he wants to handle, or so says Patrick.
I don’t necessarily agree with it all, but where Patrick is correct in that Kentucky’s team this season is spoiled. The pieces don’t fit together — there are too many guys that need the ball in their hands to be effective, too many egos to accept being a role players — and that’s on Cal. He recruited them, and he couldn’t get them to buy in.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)