Mar 4, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
Dan Patrick had an interesting take on John Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats this morning on the DP Show.
He doesn’t think that Coach Cal will last that much longer at Kentucky. The frustration of dealing with a brand new team each and every season, and the stress that struggling puts on him, is more than he wants to handle, or so says Patrick.
I don’t necessarily agree with it all, but where Patrick is correct in that Kentucky’s team this season is spoiled. The pieces don’t fit together — there are too many guys that need the ball in their hands to be effective, too many egos to accept being a role players — and that’s on Cal. He recruited them, and he couldn’t get them to buy in.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 6
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 13
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)