Mar 4, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Dan Patrick had an interesting take on John Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats this morning on the DP Show.
He doesn’t think that Coach Cal will last that much longer at Kentucky. The frustration of dealing with a brand new team each and every season, and the stress that struggling puts on him, is more than he wants to handle, or so says Patrick.
I don’t necessarily agree with it all, but where Patrick is correct in that Kentucky’s team this season is spoiled. The pieces don’t fit together — there are too many guys that need the ball in their hands to be effective, too many egos to accept being a role players — and that’s on Cal. He recruited them, and he couldn’t get them to buy in.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)