Mar 4, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Duke will headline the field for the 2014 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic, which will be held at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn.
Stanford, Temple and UNLV will be the other host teams to play in the semifinals and finals of the event.
The Blue Devils, who will be playing their first game at the newest NYC basketball arena, should be one of the nation’s top teams again. Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood are likely headed to the NBA, but with Rasheed Sulaimon likely returning and Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones and Justise Winslow coming in, Coach K looks like he’ll have a national title contender on his hands.
UNLV should be as talented as anyone in the country as well, while Temple and Stanford will likely be tournament contenders.
The 2013 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic was won by Michigan State and also featured Oklahoma, Seton Hall and Virginia Tech.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)