Mar 4, 2014, 10:43 AM EST
Duke will headline the field for the 2014 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic, which will be held at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn.
Stanford, Temple and UNLV will be the other host teams to play in the semifinals and finals of the event.
The Blue Devils, who will be playing their first game at the newest NYC basketball arena, should be one of the nation’s top teams again. Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood are likely headed to the NBA, but with Rasheed Sulaimon likely returning and Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones and Justise Winslow coming in, Coach K looks like he’ll have a national title contender on his hands.
UNLV should be as talented as anyone in the country as well, while Temple and Stanford will likely be tournament contenders.
The 2013 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic was won by Michigan State and also featured Oklahoma, Seton Hall and Virginia Tech.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)