Mar 4, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Duke will headline the field for the 2014 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic, which will be held at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn.
Stanford, Temple and UNLV will be the other host teams to play in the semifinals and finals of the event.
The Blue Devils, who will be playing their first game at the newest NYC basketball arena, should be one of the nation’s top teams again. Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood are likely headed to the NBA, but with Rasheed Sulaimon likely returning and Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones and Justise Winslow coming in, Coach K looks like he’ll have a national title contender on his hands.
UNLV should be as talented as anyone in the country as well, while Temple and Stanford will likely be tournament contenders.
The 2013 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic was won by Michigan State and also featured Oklahoma, Seton Hall and Virginia Tech.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)