Mar 4, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
It’s been five years since anyone in the NEC other than LIU-Brooklyn or Robert Morris has won the league’s automatic bid. While the Blackbirds have one of the nation’s best point guards in Jason Brickman, they suffered through a down year plagued by injuries and likely won’t extend their reign over the league to a four-peat. Bobby Mo, on the other hand, won the conference by two full games and will head into the conference tournament as the favorite to earn the automatic bid.
When: March 5, 8 and 11
Where: Higher seed hosts every game
Final: March 11, 7:00 p.m. ESPN2
Favorite: Robert Morris
The Colonials have had a bit of a tumultuous season, as three of their rotation players have left the program or gotten kicked off the team during the season. But Karvel Anderson is still around, as is Lucky Jones. And remember, Andy Toole’s team isn’t afraid of the spotlight. This is the same program that knocked off Kentucky in the first round of the NIT last season.
And if they lose?: Wagner
The Seahawks are far and away the best defensive team in the conference, according to KenPom. They contest shots on the perimeter and make life a nightmare for anyone trying to finish around the rim. The question is whether or not Bashir Mason’s boys will be able to score enough to win three straight games.
- Bryant: The Bulldogs are explosive offensively, as Alex Francis, Dyami Starks, and Corey Maynard make up the best top three in the league.
- St. Francis (NY): St. Francis won at Miami in overtime this year and nearly knocked off Syracuse at the Carrier Dome two weeks later. They were 9-7 in league play.
- Karvel Anderson, Robert Morris: Anderson is the best player on the best team in the league, carrying a group that lost three rotation players for the season.
- Jason Brickman, LIU-Brooklyn: Brickman is the only player in the country to average a double-double in points and assists.
- Alex Francis, Bryant: Tim O’Shea’s best player is third in the conference in scoring (19.0 ppg) and second in rebounding (8.2 rpg).
CBT Prediction: Robert Morris over Bryant
Apr 24, 2015, 10:39 PM EDT
He will be attending law school.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:51 PM EDT
Kaleb Tarczewski decided to return to Arizona earlier in the day.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
The fifth banner is now hanging in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT
DePaul lost a junior guard and a three-star forward (for the second time) on Friday evening.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
He’ll be able to play immediately.
Apr 24, 2015, 4:21 PM EDT
The second team All-MAC guard will have two years of eligibility left.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
Walker’s career didn’t pan out the way anyone expected, but he’s headed to the pro game after two seasons.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
Who’s going pro? Who’s returning to school? Who are we still waiting to hear from?
Apr 24, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
A roster that will be both young and talented returns its leader as Dunn will be back for another season.
Apr 24, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
It was reported earlier this week that Newman would be headed to Starkville, and he made it official Friday afternoon.
Apr 24, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
The return of “Zeus” means that Arizona will have one returning starter from last year’s 34-4 team.
Apr 24, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
The return of Buddy Hield pushes previously unranked Oklahoma into our way too early rankings.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:34 AM EDT
The reigning Big 12 Player of the Year has some unfinished business to attend to next season.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Poythress played in eight games before suffering a torn ACL in practice.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Sterling Smith averaged 13.9 points and 4.9 rebounds per game at Coppin State last season.
Apr 23, 2015, 9:22 PM EDT
Long averaged a double-double for the third consecutive season in 2014-15. He’ll hang around to make a run at a fourth.
Apr 23, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Johnson led the Wildcats in scoring last season while also averaging 6.5 rebounds per contest.
Apr 23, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
Minnesota had a need for added depth on the wing, and the addition of Ahmad Gilbert helps in that regard.
Apr 23, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
A second team All-Summit League selection last season, Billbury will be eligible immediately for VCU.
Apr 23, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Wallace led the Golden Bears in points, rebounds and assists last season.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)